• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Juliet Temple Shocks 15 & 25, & Orbital Gaskets

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Right, I did send a pair in recently for a service and they came back fine. Maybe I have been lucky?

I wouldn't risk anything other than the odd 'daily' pair. Certainly not box matched stuff or rare varieties.

Some people reacted to this post.
Not good man. Not good.

Username Hidden said:
I contacted Oakley regarding gaskets. They want me to send my frames just to get the gaskets, which makes no sense of course. Here is the email thread.

Subject: Orbital gaskets

To whom it may concern, I own many Xmetals, more exactly Juliet, XX, XS and Romeo 1, and I'm in desperate need of orbital gaskets for them. Specially Romeo 1, XS, and XX. Do you have any available?
Thank you in advanced

Hello ****,

Thank you for contacting us. We definitely want to help you with your X-Metal sunglasses. It sounds like you are quite a fan. We do offer our Tune Up service, which will tighten up the frame and replace all the washers. This Tune Up Service will start at $64.99 before shipping or taxes. We are able to service your Juliets, X-Squared, and XX sunglasses. Unfortunately, we do not have a service available for the Romeo 1.

If you would like to set up a Tune Up service order, please contact our Customer Care department at (800) 403-7449. Our representatives will be able to further assist you.

We are open Monday-Friday, 6am-5pm PST. Please note that all orders are subject to availability.

Best Regards,
$65!!!!! That equates to £45.50 in UK pounds. We pay £27.50 which equates to $39.25!!!! And they send them back postage free! What a rip off!
Linegear do the gaskets for the orbital. Lets face it, you can't see them when they are installed so not being stock would be a bit anal. Check em out here: Washers for temple of Juliet

Username Hidden said:
I just wanted to buy the gaskets, but the funny thing is that they want you to send the frames in just for that. LOL. Oh, and they even offered me a 25% off "upgrade", from each of my xmetals for a new pair of my choice. It was a laughable conversation. And all I wanted was some gaskets.
I agree, I have no problem getting linegear gaskets (and washers too)
TRADE for what? Lol. I don't think they get the X-Metal collectors. I can't believe you have to pay nearly double for a service!! Best stick the the X-man.

Try contacting Oakley Canada. My orbital gaskets and temple shocks are on the way to me now. I ordered 6 pairs. Its surprising Oakley USA is charging $65 USD for tune-up and Oakley Canada will do the same thing for $35 CAD ($25 USD).

Last edited:
I contacted Oakley US yesterday trying to get some 25 t-shox for my Juliets and was told they could do a tune up but they don't have any t-shox to sell because they're for a discontinued frame. I was a bit miffed about that. I'm attempting to source some from another member here so before I post a buying thread I'm going to see if he can help me out. What a crock of crap. I expect more from Oakley.

Username Hidden said:
I contacted Oakley US yesterday trying to get some 25 t-shox for my Juliets and was told they could do a tune up but they don't have any t-shox to sell because they're for a discontinued frame. I was a bit miffed about that. I'm attempting to source some from another member here so before I post a buying thread I'm going to see if he can help me out. What a crock of crap. I expect more from Oakley.
It's pretty poor customer service. Used to be one of the best. You should easily get some 25's on here. If you can't I will post a pair of new ones to you for the price of postage by envelope. No charge just postage.

I received a pair of Juliets that need a tune-up so I contacted Oakley Canada. I was previously told the tune-up included all new rubbers but received this reply when I told them I would be sending a pair to them. I also voiced my concern about getting a new O-matter replacement pair instead of having work done on my Juliet. Here's all the had to say:

"They will replace the rubbers on the nose bridge only no exchange for a different model."

Status
Not open for further replies.