• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliets survived Oakley Canada

Agreed

However... given the exchange rate, shipping and customs I can see why people are considering Oakley Canada.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg Just got my Juliets back from Oakley Canada. They replaced the rubber, cleaned the lenses, and tightened the nosebridge back to like new..... It's like a brand new pair. Sent them on Monday from Ottawa, received them today.

Well done Oakley Canada!

After this experience, I have no misgivings about Oakley Canada..... although I did send them an email telling then they dropped the ball when they discontinued the X-Metal line. And they still did my Juliets - bless their cotton socks!

RE Xman.

Shipping costs make it prohibitively expensive for non-US members.

I could send a bunch in one go to reduce shipping but I'd need to ship insured by stating true value. That would risk hefty customs duty my side on return.

Worst case scenario is that a $60 job per frame ends up at least $120+ factoring in shipping and customs.

Also, Xman's site requests no 'signed for' shipping. That would mean i'd need to ship normal airmail, not using a tracked service which is out the question.

None of this is a complaint about Xman! If Oakley Japan stopped tunes, I'll definitely use his services.

Good to hear Oakley Canada is still doing a good tune service.

RE Xman.

Shipping costs make it prohibitively expensive for non-US members.

I could send a bunch in one go to reduce shipping but I'd need to ship insured by stating true value. That would risk hefty customs duty my side on return.

Worst case scenario is that a $60 job per frame ends up at least $120+ factoring in shipping and customs.

Also, Xman's site requests no 'signed for' shipping. That would mean i'd need to ship normal airmail, not using a tracked service which is out the question.

None of this is a complaint about Xman! If Oakley Japan stopped tunes, I'll definitely use his services.

Good to hear Oakley Canada is still doing a good tune service.
@THE X-MAN no longer requires "no signed for" and you can send with signature required. He stated this the other day. Guess his site needs to be updated

@THE X-MAN no longer requires "no signed for" and you can send with signature required. He stated this the other day. Guess his site needs to be updated

Oh that's good to know and maybe the site was updated - haven't checked in a while.

If and when Oakley Japan stop servicing, Xman will be my go-to guy.

And while it will cost me more, I've heard his tunes stay tight for a very long time, so probably worth it in the long run!

Oh that's good to know and maybe the site was updated - haven't checked in a while.

If and when Oakley Japan stop servicing, Xman will be my go-to guy.

And while it will cost me more, I've heard his tunes stay tight for a very long time, so probably worth it in the long run!
Spend a bit more but spend way less frequently making it actually spending less in the long run. ;)