• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Carbon lenses falling out

twr7cx

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a pair of Oakley Jupiter Carbon OO9220-01 and am recently experiencing the lenses falling out easily in daily use knocks and bumps. They seem to be sitting loose inside the frame and not as secure as they once originally were when new or my other Oakleys are (I've never had this issue with any of my other pairs).

I thought perhaps the lenses were the issue and purchased genuine Oakley replacements. Same deal. I've pulled the new ones back out now to avoid them getting scratched/damaged and refitted the original ones which are starting to look worse for wear as a result of falling. It's now at the point that I've stopped wearing them as I just don't trust their reliability any more.

Any suggestions on a solution? My next move would be to use glue but I'd be worried about it spreading on the lenses or fogging them up.

I have a pair of Oakley Jupiter Carbon OO9220-01 and am recently experiencing the lenses falling out easily in daily use knocks and bumps. They seem to be sitting loose inside the frame and not as secure as they once originally were when new or my other Oakleys are (I've never had this issue with any of my other pairs).

I thought perhaps the lenses were the issue and purchased genuine Oakley replacements. Same deal. I've pulled the new ones back out now to avoid them getting scratched/damaged and refitted the original ones which are starting to look worse for wear as a result of falling. It's now at the point that I've stopped wearing them as I just don't trust their reliability any more.

Any suggestions on a solution? My next move would be to use glue but I'd be worried about it spreading on the lenses or fogging them up.

How long have you had them? Could be a case for warranty.

Sadly they're well out of warranty so that's not an option anymore.

Last edited:
does the frame have any small stress cracks in it? do you take the lenses in and out often? or were they just loose from the factory?

you could try a small dab of glue (and let it dry before putting the lense in) or piece of thin rubber tucked into the orbital to add some pressure on the lens possibly holding it in better.

I think my problem was that the Jupiter Carbon and standard Jupiter lense sizes are ever so slightly different in size with the standards must be smaller. A new set of Ikon Lenses aftermarket replacements to suit the Jupiter Carbon, not standard Jupiter. and they’re all good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...piece of thin rubber tucked into the orbital to add some pressure on the lens possibly holding it in better.
:)
Definitely a better solution than lens damaging glue.
I might suggest a thin layer or two, or three, of plumber's Teflon tape in the orbital channel instead of rubber as it's inert (won't attack the lens material) and you can continue to add successive layers until you get a snug fit. It's also easily removable if needed, as it doesn't stick to anything.

Latest Posts

Back