• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking For 100% Wrap Coverage Sunglasses for Migraines

I think i have a decent list of currently available from oakley full wrap sunglasses.

Anyone who comes across this, do you think this is a pretty good list/order or am i missing something

1. Eye Jacket
3. Clifdens
2. Plazma
3. Batwolf
4. Gascan
5. heliostat

PitBoss 1 & 2 also have decent wrap and coverage.

I would be surprised if there is anything ever made with better wrap and sun protection than the Clifden w/blinders. Level 4 Prizm Snow Black mountaineering grade with 5.5% VLT is next level.

Perhaps some custom rubber moulding to add to the side of the Clifdens to block out any remaining light…

For current Oakleys, I find the Split Shot pretty good. I also get migraines by light flickering or catching my eye wrong. Ive been wearing the Split Shot with Prizm Snow Black almost daily for a while now.

Both of you should look into whether you are having mini seizures... My step daughter had migraines and light sensitive including flickering and it was because she was having seizures that act like a migraine. She got on some medicine to control that and suddenly she could look at the christmas tree without a problem...

Both of you should look into whether you are having mini seizures... My step daughter had migraines and light sensitive including flickering and it was because she was having seizures that act like a migraine. She got on some medicine to control that and suddenly she could look at the christmas tree without a problem...
I’m really curious what the medication is called if you don’t mind me asking, maybe I’ll mention it to my doc

Hey there,

I have some pretty awful migraines and oakley glasses have without a doubt been the most comfortable glasses ive ever tried.

The migraines are set on from eye strain, mainly bright flashes of lights and screen time, which is why i have a pair of their gaming lenses in my pitchman r carbons that do the trick in my office.

The prizm lenses even let me see some color, which is nuts because I'm color blind. (weak eye cones)

I have a pair of clifdens and katos but neither of them really block out 100% of light , there's always some level of leak.
I daily drive my clifdens and a pair of Pitchman R carbons (used to wear apparitions but there is no good blue light lens tint)

Are there any pairs that really do block out all the light from leaking in through the sides?
Additionally the prizm black polarized lenses seem to be a best of both worlds but id be willing to go darker and not polarized.

Are there any frame suggestions? I'm very open to trying other glasses.
have you visited a optometrist?

perhaps you just need regular glasses to cure your migraine :)

Back