• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just A Heads Up.....

freakface

Oakley Expert
HOUSE, ASIA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXL-Etching...42144084?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3f392c4c54

first time i saw this and would just like to inform the forum of possible x metal etched lenses for romeos that are aftermarket. normally we all look at the x metal etch on the lower left lens to determine that the lenses are oem romeo lenses. i guess that is not so true anymore. although there are differences in the font of the etch, members who are not as knowledgeable may be duped.
IMO, the x metal etching is there to fool people. why can't they just etch something else? as far as i know, "x metal" is patented, right? correct me if i am wrong...

I'm not too sure it's meant to fool people, at least by that seller. Listing clearly says it's by CXL and the name of the lens tint is something different altogether. If anything it's just trying to appeal to the look of the originals

But yeah, someone else could up and try to dupe people with them.

i am actually thinking much more forward than the add. people can buy these lenses and put them in original romeo frames and claim them as oem lenses. although for the seasoned collector, the font is pretty off. but for the regular chap, these can be the real thing (at least in photos)...

Latest Posts

Back