• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Large aluminum store poster frame

Username Hidden said:
I thought we could as long as we put a price here as well. I'm too lazy right now to dig around and found what I've read on it in the past. I'm sure @kronin323 will find it within a couple minutes of reading this . @real thing13, post a price in the exchange please.

AFAIK there's no rules against posting an ebay link, only that you must post a price. Typically people post a lower price here because there's no ebay fees but that's not mandatory. I've even seen someone (you know who you are ;)) list something on the exchange at a higher price than the starting bid listing for the same item on ebay...

The only mention of ebay in the rules is the guideline to update/close your exchange thread if you end up selling it on ebay. As in completing a transaction and the item's no longer available.

Some people reacted to this post.
I will list a lower start price on ebay to drum up interest and let the bidding war begin. If u start too high noone gets the I want that fever ;)

From the guidelines for posting on Exchange Forum: "In the Oakley Exchange areas, you can sell any authentic Oakley item that you own. This includes any of your own ebayauctions which can be posted in the appropriate section to promote it to members."

I am a Premium member.

Read more: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

Username Hidden said:
From the guidelines for posting on Exchange Forum: "In the Oakley Exchange areas, you can sell any authentic Oakley item that you own. This includes any of your own ebayauctions which can be posted in the appropriate section to promote it to members."

I am a Premium member.

Read more: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum
Yep and below that says u must state a price ;-)

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Yep and below that says u must state a price ; )
Must have only read 'some' of the rules ;)

Username Hidden said:
I am a Premium member.
First off thanks for being a premium member and giving something back to the forum. Many use the forum solely to enrich themselves...
As D.O.H. observed the second guideline states (clearly):
"Need a Price - You must specify a price when selling a good in the Exchange Areas, if you do not specify a price, your thread will be locked"
I mentioned in this thread if your goal is driving traffic to your ebay listing it should probably be in the discussion area. And it would be courteous to disclose that you have a dog in that hunt. As your ebay seller name and forum name are the same that's almost unnecessary.
But the exchange areas are for members to buy and sell on site, not drive traffic AWAY from the site. What's the point of an exchange on a forum if members can't buy items in the exchange?

As others have stated this is not a Auction site. If your intention is to sell here, state a price. If it's to try to add Bids to your auction, this is not the place to do so.

Wow, guess I have upset people here. I did not know about the price thing. I have no bad intent.

Username Hidden said:
Wow, guess I have upset people here. I did not know about the price thing. I have no bad intent.
They'll get over it.

Username Hidden said:
Think of us as a family. Would you want to pit your family against each other in a bidding war?

Latest Posts

Back