• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Layoffs at Oakley HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at HQ yesterday to do some shopping, and a friend who works there mentioned they laid off around 300 people and are cutting back on product lines to refocus. Don't expect a lot of niche items like motorcycle jackets, watches etc. to stick around. I believe most of the hits are to clothing.QUOTE]

So is there a Motorcycle jacket that I can get?

Looking into a bigger picture, we could be all cheering, Luxottica is making changes to strenghten Oakley, that is Oakley as a business entity. But it is understandable that most enthusiast, especially those who are purist will have their doubts, they are into Oakley for the coolness of the end product and not how much money the end product will make. There are business risks, Lux knows this, but we will find any changes hard to accept, we will never have faith on Lux simply because we don't believe in them. This will only be an endless debate that will never be resolve.

I think that hope can not die... But if it does fu**it there are ALWAYS going to be our good old titanium that someone dont want and u can make it new again.

I heard that Oakleys are being made in China now? WTF? Is this part of the restructuring? Man I'm pissed.
ninja text: the above statement is str8 trollin'

uploadfromtaptalk1437422207244.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back