• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Color Restrictions On Different Models

discodave

Go Navy!
Maybe this has been answered but....... My question is: Why aren't all lens colors avaialble on all models of Oakleys.

You'd think you could order any color for any frame, but you can't.

Example..... I'd love a set of Ruby Iridium lenses for my split jackets, but there are none to be found (Oakley anyway). The aftermarket versions just don't look the same so I generally don't go with them.

You'd think that if you could buy any frame with any color lens that Oakley would sell more sunglasses. There are certain models I won't buy because they don't have the lens colors I'm looking for.

Anyone else agree with this?

Oversaturation most likely. If you make every lens available you have to make and stock every lens for every pair, and you'll sell less pieces of each lens.

It would likely make production runs smaller, stocking stores insanely difficult, ordering from stores more common since stock for each item would have to be kept lower, predicting customer orders a nightmare and quickly unprofitable. You'd likely see a ton more lenses pushed through Vaults and MPH pairs of ugly combinations.

Same reason they don't do OCP for a ton of different pairs.

would agree with over saturation. If you look at the Vault there have been some of the same leftover lenses there for a while.

But I do wish they'd open up options for all cuts of the same design (Radar/lock and M-Frames). I'd think the most that'd require is just more waiting time between order and shipment. While I'm a Path guy, I noticed the selection for Radarlock Pitch is comparably limited.

There's that, and I'm trying to get at some green earsocks which appear obtainable only through OCP. :mad:

It also has to do with function. For example, you arent going to find 24k for a Radarlock, because it is more of a style oriented color.

Back