1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

A far as Gascan's & new XX Twenty, which way do the lenses come out, front or rear, respectively?

I really hope this is not a very, very obvious question & y'all punk me out. :confused:

(There just seems to be this possibility that the XX come out the front ... as I sit here looking at them ... & I have 'Can's coming soon, with 3 extra lenses, etc.)

Appreciated, indeed.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Push from the back of the lens out towards the front of the frames. You may have to flex the top of the orbital just a bit while you push out.

I usually sit at a table and have a large bath towel laid out in case the lens pops out and slips.

3. 8J8

8J8 Oakley Enthusiast

The cans may be delayed.... the box was too big and weighed the plane down.... :lolsign:

4. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

Oh, ****! Booo!!! :neo:

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

A little bit of the theory behind the answer:

As something impacts the lens you want the most structure BEHIND the lens. If enough flex and distortion occurs to allow the lens to come free it will fall away from your face, rather than inward.

Not all glasses are designed this way, but every Oakley is.