• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for Romeo 2's

Ben Green

Oakley Expert
Hi, I have managed to scratch the lense on my Romeo 2 polarized, contacted Oakley to be told they no longer stock the glasses and no longer carry spare lenses :(

After contacting many suppliers and looking on Ebay i have not managed to find any.

Does anybody know anywhere to get a set of genuine oakley lenses or am I left with having to get after market ones?

Many thanks.

This is exactly the way I found this forum, searching for Romeo 2 replacements lenses. First off Oakley should have offered you 25 or 35% off your next purchase from them for not having the replacement lenses. Second I don't think you are going to find OEM lenses for the R2's, at least I never did. What I found was Walleva and VL are terrible for replacement lenses. I was told Linegear would be the way to go but I have never used them. I just bought my first pair of Linegear lenses for a pair of X-Squared so after I have them I can tell you my opinion on quality.

Thanks for the replies, I was offered 40% off a new pair of glasses and bought myself a pair of the X Squared. I did find the Walleva and VL lenses but had not done anything about it as I really would like to keep them genuine. I now won't be getting lenses from them.

That will be great if you can let me know what you think of the Linegear ones I may consider them.

In the mean will I will drop Dr. Chop a pm and hope for the best.

Same here for the R2.0 lenses. I just refurb'ed my XXs with OEM Oakleys which are of course terrific, hate to downgrade my R2s with a mediocre aftermarkets, but if the Linegear are good, I'd consider that. The R2s seem to be one of the least supported X-Metals, no OEM lenses like XX or Juliets, no aftermarket rubber from Linegear.

Actually since we're talking R2s, is the rubber from any other model a near perfect fit?

Same here for the R2.0 lenses. I just refurb'ed my XXs with OEM Oakleys which are of course terrific, hate to downgrade my R2s with a mediocre aftermarkets, but if the Linegear are good, I'd consider that. The R2s seem to be one of the least supported X-Metals, no OEM lenses like XX or Juliets, no aftermarket rubber from Linegear.

Actually since we're talking R2s, is the rubber from any other model a near perfect fit?

R2 Rubber is unique to that frame only.....

Latest Posts

Back