1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ben Green

Ben Green Oakley Beginner

Hi, I have managed to scratch the lense on my Romeo 2 polarized, contacted Oakley to be told they no longer stock the glasses and no longer carry spare lenses :(

After contacting many suppliers and looking on Ebay i have not managed to find any.

Does anybody know anywhere to get a set of genuine oakley lenses or am I left with having to get after market ones?

Many thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

This is exactly the way I found this forum, searching for Romeo 2 replacements lenses. First off Oakley should have offered you 25 or 35% off your next purchase from them for not having the replacement lenses. Second I don't think you are going to find OEM lenses for the R2's, at least I never did. What I found was Walleva and VL are terrible for replacement lenses. I was told Linegear would be the way to go but I have never used them. I just bought my first pair of Linegear lenses for a pair of X-Squared so after I have them I can tell you my opinion on quality.

Ben Green likes this.
  3. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

Drop Dr. Chop a PM, he might be able to custom cut you a pair from a different Oakley lens. Otherwise once you've got enough posts you can access the exchange forums and post a WTB thread - there's a reasonable chance someone on here will have a pair.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/members/dr-chop.1286/

Ben Green likes this.
  4. Ben Green

Ben Green Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the replies, I was offered 40% off a new pair of glasses and bought myself a pair of the X Squared. I did find the Walleva and VL lenses but had not done anything about it as I really would like to keep them genuine. I now won't be getting lenses from them.

That will be great if you can let me know what you think of the Linegear ones I may consider them.

In the mean will I will drop Dr. Chop a pm and hope for the best.

5. MysteriousRacerX

MysteriousRacerX Oakley Beginner

Same here for the R2.0 lenses. I just refurb'ed my XXs with OEM Oakleys which are of course terrific, hate to downgrade my R2s with a mediocre aftermarkets, but if the Linegear are good, I'd consider that. The R2s seem to be one of the least supported X-Metals, no OEM lenses like XX or Juliets, no aftermarket rubber from Linegear.

Actually since we're talking R2s, is the rubber from any other model a near perfect fit?

Ben Green likes this.
  6. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

R2 Rubber is unique to that frame only.....

Ben Green likes this.
  7. MysteriousRacerX

Thanks for the info, I was concerned that was the case since I never see it listed with other models (where there are multiple fitments).

My rubber is actually pretty solid, just considering future needs.

Ben Green likes this.
  8. Devastator01

Devastator01 Oakley Collector

just got an email from Daisuke (the guy from linegear) said he will be producing complete rubber sets for the R2 soon

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

I scored my OEM R2 lenses on ebay a year ago. havent seen one in ages though....

Ben Green likes this.
  10. MysteriousRacerX

!_awesome_!