• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let's talk about Oakley Wallets

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I've had the same wallet for... oh somewhere around 15 years. It's weathered, beaten, worn, but still does its job. I haven't replaced it for two reasons

1. A cheap wallet is a cheap wallet, nothing spectacular about it. Why would I move from a mediocre wallet that does its job for one that is equivalent but a little tidier? A good wallet is expensive. Needlessly, in my opinion.

2. Any cool/interesting wallets I've run into over the years have a feature I detest. Such as; tri-fold, vertical, change pocket, not-so-easily-accessed-ID-pouch, lack of card slots, other feature that adds unnecessary thickness or bulk.

I need my wallet to; hold money, receipts, no less than 6 dedicated cards (credit, debit, ID, ID#2, insurance, company credit), and a bevvy of business cards, punch cards, membership cards, library cards, and a lonely P38 can opener.

I've yet to find a wallet that meets my needs without falling into category 1 or 2.

I like Oakley. Oakley makes wallets. I put it to you, does Oakley make a wallet I'd like?

Very interesting.....I was thinking about a new wallet a few days ago, can't wait to see what people have to say.

For further reference I give you a look into my collection of items I deem important enough to carry with me everywhere I go.

96CDF56C-327E-4EDE-8809-13912D96F0F8-13986-00000FC42AB04E75_zps356f04fe.jpg

And the card stack, broken down a little bit.

A742E451-29A4-4412-A926-130B0F60DFF5-13986-00000FC4244753AE_zpsed975a43.jpg

I know people that carry that amount, but just in credit cards.

I can make the stack a little more sparse, a few of the small pieces of paper are old access codes and information I might not need, and I have a few business cards of people whose information I can access. And I keep a library card to a library in another state for sentimental reasons.

But everything else I need. Membership cards to a couple grocery stores, 2 credit cards, bank/debit card, ID, ID#2, insurance, car registration, punch cards to a couple restaurants, some of my business cards, dentist appointment card, waiver card to a shooting range.

Like I said, I have certain needs. And being able to quickly remove my ID into a separate caddy or keep small things in a zippered pouch aren't on the list.

That's all fair enough, everyone carries different stuff in their wallets. As I work in retail I see many different wallets, some are really slim and some make you wonder how they close their wallet with all the paper in it. Even though I am a girl I am not very girly so I use a card wallet by jeff banks that my wife bought for me when we were dating. I have been through several wallets from bi fold to tri fold and always go back to the card wallet. I try not to carry too much cash on me unless I need it. My wallet only consists of a drivers licence, Medicare card, 3 debit cards, 1 credit card and my staff discount card for the place I work at. Good luck finding a wallet to suit your needs

If you use a smart phone there is a app called key ring. It might be able to help cut down on some cards and allow you to have more choices of wallets.

I currently use a Oakley wallet but do not carry near the amount of items. Its the brown leather one that was on sale for 15$

Before I used Oakley wallet, I used Ducti wallet. The wallet is literally made with duct tape with designs as well. It has a lifetime warranty. If it gets really old, just mail it in and they will replace it with a new one.

I picked up a coach wallet a few years back for around $40 on sale. Chicks dig it. Its just brown leather with some c's stamped on it. Great quality leather and perfect size. I feel you man, I want an Oakley wallet as well but damn I like this one..

If you use a smart phone there is a app called key ring. It might be able to help cut down on some cards and allow you to have more choices of wallets.

I currently use a Oakley wallet but do not carry near the amount of items. Its the brown leather one that was on sale for 15$
The gas pumps and 90 year old cashiers don't work too well when I hand them a smartphone instead of a card.

I honestly don't see what I've got as all that much. I have a few cards, some cash, my personal business cards (which come in handy) and a few business and punch cards.

I just want a wallet that holds what I have. But I keep running into bullsh*t. Like this - Oakley Embossed Skull Wallet. This looks awesome. Except it has a goofy retention strap for the cards? And looks like the storage is pretty lacking.

This one is cool, but it has a window for your ID. This pisses me off about wallets. When someone asks for my ID they want to see my ID, they don't want to try and see if it's legible through a screen. And similarly if I need to show my ID I want to show them my ID and not hand over my money container.

I like the looks of this one, but I'm not sure what that thing sticking out the end is. Is that one of those "I want to carry a wallet, or a mini wallet, so I have a wallet that ALSO contains a mini wallet and therefore doesn't really work so well as a wallet anymore" devices?

And yes, I'm quite particular about things. I know this. I'm an engineer. It goes with the territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back