• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lighting issues

doowahditty

I should Work at Oakley
Washington State
I have a mega tower 3.0 and the lower lights work but the top ones have stopped working. They used to work and now nothing when I flip the switch. I got new bulbs and tried them.....nothing. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before I go troubleshooting. IM sure I can fix it but figured I would check here first. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm thinking you haven't tried to replace the ballast yet?

Now would be the time to rip that stuff out and upgrade to led.

I can't find mine (probably pissed off a moderator in the thread and it mysteriously vanished) anyway, check out the 4th post, by CarGuy in this thread. The entire thread will be of use to you, but CarGuy shows you the transformer you need in post 4. Home Depot sells it for $15. I've swapped them in to 4 cases already.

Double Wide 3.0? HELP WITH LIGHTS!

An added benefit of LED over halogen is, LEDs wont melt your frames.

Side note: the transformer is just for the lights that face down to light up the inside. There is also a ballast for the fluorescent tubes that light up the Oakley sign. Those are also easy to swap, HD sells them but Amazon is cheaper.

Back