1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I just got my 6' single Oakley tower but it does not have lights. I would like to put some kind if light in it. Anyone have any suggestions on what type to get? Here is a picture of my case.

Lights Inside Your Display Case? - 1DsTL.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Are there any openings at the top for lightning? I'm not sure how the 6' cases are put together, but the IKEA one has a simple hole at the top where you can attach a light source. My buddy somehow replaced the bottom ledge with a smoke plexiglass thing and stuck a light underneath to illuminate the bottom, and has rope lights along the top. I'm not sure if all of the 6' cases are the same though.

3. jiveSEVEN

That would be sick but I have no Ikea near me and the closest is Chicago which is 8 1/2 hours away haha. I wonder if those stick light things would work under each ceiling of the plexiglass?

4. jiveSEVEN

5. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

What about the ceiling of your display? Maybe it's just photo trickery, but it looks like there's a hole at the top. Stick lights would look nice too! That would balance out the amount of light pretty well. You may get a mess of wires though if you do that. Wish I could help more :(.

Edit: Just saw your other post. Those look cool! I was at a Home Depot last week looking for lights and found a set of 3 for 19.99, wired. What's cool is that if you don't need all three, you can pull them apart I believe.

6. jiveSEVEN

Yea I don't want a bunch of wires and I am gonna go to walmart really quick to try to find some of these :)

7. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Haha sounds good. Best of luck! Let me know how those work out for you. I may purchase some too :D

8. jiveSEVEN

Will do man! BRB in like 30!

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

10. jiveSEVEN