• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lights Inside Your Display Case?

Yea check it out, the top of my tower has a translucent piece of plexiglass so I just sit it on top and light it up! This thing turns off by itself in 30 mins. I think it worked great! It also comes with adhesive to stick it to any surface!

n7iOT.jpg

FYecl.jpg

T69kS.jpg

Pretty bright you think?

I think it looks great. For the price you can't beat it. I have been researching what light to use for a month or so...and almost pulled the trigger on some lights from IKEA but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I saw this light at Lowes but didn't think it would be bright enough to shine thru the plexi glass. Looking at your pic I am pleasantly surprised. I am going to get one tomorrow. Battery operated...correct? I may fabricate/build something to mount it to so no light escapes thru the top. It is LED correct so it doesn't get hot...does it?
'

Yea I think it turned out wonderful! Yes it is definitely bright enough. It uses 4 AA batteries and they come with them. They are also LED so they do not get hot at all.

So I threw these in and they light up the first two shelves amazingly well. However, I tried using another light on the bottom and it just doesn't work out too well.

0A65D.jpg

I just drilled the magnetic piece into the top and I'm saving the second one when I figure out a better solution to light up the bottom. Great find though Jive! Much appreciated.

Nice xInZax! I am glad it is working out well for ya! I need to find a way to illuminate the bottom as well but it's not a big deal!

Sorry didn't read all of this post but i got my lights from Ikea lights all the way down one side so every thing is lit looks wicked i think!

Latest Posts

Back