• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear rubber tear

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
I just got some new rubbers in for several builds im doing
One set of Violet ended up with a small tear on the end
looks like it was really tight and ripped a little on one end
I soaked the rubbers in warm water for a while , then applied a liberal amount of Hand Sanitizer as a lube.
One side slide on no issue, but one was a Biatch

Further investigation reveals that the finish work on the ear rubber is so so.
Maybe its the Violet color, but you can still see an outline of the mold in the finished product?

Anyone else see or have this issue?

I've never had them split/tear but the instructions that come with them say to avoid bunching them up when you put them on in case they split, so I guess it's a risk.

But yes, I've got over half a dozen sets of LG rubbers and they typically do have some flashing (lines from the mold) on them. Hasn't really been a problem, though it can be a dirt buildup point on the nosebombs.

I've never had them split/tear but the instructions that come with them say to avoid bunching them up when you put them on in case they split, so I guess it's a risk.

But yes, I've got over half a dozen sets of LG rubbers and they typically do have some flashing (lines from the mold) on them. Hasn't really been a problem, though it can be a dirt buildup point on the nosebombs.
Funny
Mine always came with a business card only, never saw any instructions. not that it really matters at this point.

Well It's disappointing that the one tore, Ill have to live with it
Hope the other Violet set I install goes better, Ill know this weekend SIGH

I need Pictures :lolsign::lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

In the meantime, here's a pic of monkeys flying out of my butt... :D

monkeys.png

Didnt see anything about bunching?

I don't remember if that was the exact wording but the concept of it was, when putting on the earsocks, if you're pushing from the back of the sock while the front of the sock isn't sliding on further, forcing more sock on to a smaller piece of stem, they might split. Which sounded logical.

Personally I shove the end of the sock up the dispenser hole of a gel hand sanitizer pump, pinch along the edges, and pump until the sock is completely filled. I then spread some extra hand sanitizer over the stem, especially the tip, and when I put them on, I start by pushing them from the back but when they stop moving I slide my fingers up to the front, pushing the entire time, to smooth them back out and remove any bunching. Kinda like an earthworm.

(Yes there are a lot of mastrubatory analogies in that description so feel free to joke away if anyone's so inclined...)