• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Local Honolulu pick-up

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
So sometime around last weekend, I got contacted by @Madfrog who says she has a white with blue Transfer Case for sale, but doesn't want to ship. That she is also located on the island of Oahu and can meet somewhere in Honolulu. Just so happens most of my work is happening in or near Honolulu anyway. It was just a matter of what day our schedules will coincide with one another. So this past Wednesday I had time after work to run around, and just so happens Madfrog would be free as well. Perfect. So I get texted an address and I shoot over after work to meet "Kona". Anyways everyone, this is @Madfrog. An extremely friendly young lady and an ex Oakley Ala Moana worker. She's also been an Oakley Forum member longer than me. So she has her little box of Oakley goodies that she brings out, and proceeds to start taking things out she say she doesn't need and handing them to me. I'm standing there with my arms getting filled with my jaw probably hanging open. Here's a couple of frames I won't do anything with. Here's some Juliet rubber kits because I don't own a Juliet. And here's a couple of watch stands I don't use. Like Wow. I was already happy with the watch because it completes my Transfer Case set. But now my mind is getting blown by the generosity of this woman. Anyway, I left with probably the biggest smile on my face, and in total shock. Lol. Thank you very much Kona and it was super awesome meeting you. :cool:🤙

IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3010.jpeg
IMG_3153.jpeg
IMG_3154.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3237.jpeg
IMG_3159.jpeg

So sometime around last weekend, I got contacted by @Madfrog who says she has a white with blue Transfer Case for sale, but doesn't want to ship. That she is also located on the island of Oahu and can meet somewhere in Honolulu. Just so happens most of my work is happening in or near Honolulu anyway. It was just a matter of what day our schedules will coincide with one another. So this past Wednesday I had time after work to run around, and just so happens Madfrog would be free as well. Perfect. So I get texted an address and I shoot over after work to meet "Kona". Anyways everyone, this is @Madfrog. An extremely friendly young lady and an ex Oakley Ala Moana worker. She's also been an Oakley Forum member longer than me. So she has her little box of Oakley goodies that she brings out, and proceeds to start taking things out she say she doesn't need and handing them to me. I'm standing there with my arms getting filled with my jaw probably hanging open. Here's a couple of frames I won't do anything with. Here's some Juliet rubber kits because I don't own a Juliet. And here's a couple of watch stands I don't use. Like Wow. I was already happy with the watch because it completes my Transfer Case set. But now my mind is getting blown by the generosity of this woman. Anyway, I left with probably the biggest smile on my face, and in total shock. Lol. Thank you very much Kona and it was super awesome meeting you. :cool:

View attachment 1083705View attachment 1083706View attachment 1083708View attachment 1083710View attachment 1083711View attachment 1083712View attachment 1083713View attachment 1083714View attachment 1083715View attachment 1083716
Cheee! Thats some Pure Aloha!

Cheee! Thats some Pure Aloha!
And she plenty of it (Aloha).
This is why I love Hawaii. People there have some vibe that is hard to describe yeah I could say lokomaikai
That's why it's hard for me to move away. It's not Hawaii, it's the people (friends and family). I lived in the states before, so I know what it's like. And yes, it's different.
XL
That’s pretty damn awesome, love to hear stories of great members @Madfrog
And Kona is super awesome. Oakley lost a great person when she quit. For sure. :cool:🤙

Back