1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. talismanx

talismanx Oakley Beginner

Been looking for a place for people like me. Been wearing O's since the late 80's... unfortunately most of those early pairs have been lost to time or run over (original Juliet with SN). The first pair I remember owning was a pair of original Razor Blades with Orange Mirror. Then a pair of Sub Zeros.

I love Oakley for the quality not just of their sunglasses but of their apparel. I have "collected" over the years shoes (even have a pair or Shoe Ones somewhere in a box), boots, backpacks, jackets and watches. I miss my low SN Timebomb 1 (TI/Carbon Fiber) that Oakley could not repair (trading it in did get me a discount on a TBII however).

For the most part my "collecting" is for actual use. I mostly "collect" X-Metals. Have a Romeo 1 that I bought NEW about 2-3 years ago. It was shipped by accident to the Vault near me in a Juliet box. Latest purchase is a new 24K Juliet that has grown on me... love the style and the lens is fantastic. i just ordered custom Violet lenses from Dr. Chop to put into the warranty replacement Plasma Juliet (for that pair that got run over).

Anyway.. glad to be here among the "crazy ones" (or is that the Apple forum)... any way glad to be here and see that there are people that spend more on this "hobby" than I do. Love to see those collections.

TalismanX

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Welcome friend, show us pics, members like to see pics

3. talismanx

Thanks. I'll have to take some time to take some. Will do that soon.

4. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

welcome to the forum! looking forward to see some pics

5. chrisbron

chrisbron Oakley Enthusiast

Welcome matey!

6. talismanx

Here is one that I posted on another thread. This was an experiment to compare an original fire (on the right) from my old Juliets with a new Ruby (on the Left.. duh). Looking through them is completely different but they look very similar.

Long Time Reader... - KYzIu.jpg

7. talismanx

Here are a couple others.

A carbon frame with Zeiss Cool Blue polarized lenses.
    Long Time Reader... - ci9bb.jpg

A polarized prescription pair I have with aftermarket lenses (since Oakley does not make a Ruby (like) perscription lens.
    Long Time Reader... - prC7V.jpg

8. talismanx

Here is something just for fun. Took a snap of the top of the TBII box and made it the lock screen on my iPhone.

Long Time Reader... - iLPwH.jpg

9. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Welcome! How do you like the TB2 compared to the TB1? Are there any major differences?

10. talismanx

Found that I had taken a snap of my "dead" SN Juliet.

Long Time Reader... - bjui2.jpg