• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose Lenses In My Juliet

as funny as it sounds, put a thin layer of dental floss around the groove where the lenses sit. xmetalmaniac was the one that suggested that to me before and maybe he can chime in on the issue. i've done it before and it does work.

I had this issue recently and I had the orbital gasket in....incorrectly (had it in backwards). Took it out and flipped it around and the problem was solved.

The floss and paper will work. I have seen this issue before. There are some frames out there that have a very thin gasket in the orbital groove. It just could be the lens I would swap in a different pair and see what happens. Do not over tighten the screw!!!!!!!!

I'm looking at my carbon again and I see the issue. I have the IH lenses in there right now and when I put the lenses in, the orbital ends can touch each other even with the lens installed which means with a gasket the lenses are even looser.

there are 2 ways to go about it. 1 use a shim, which works. just cut an appropriately thin strip of paper and lay it in the orbital. it only needs to be on the upper edge..you can also add a very careful bead of superglue along the edge of the lens to build it up..

another way is to adjust your orbital gasket. ideally the gasket is the one tensioning the lens against the lens groove.. think like how a fast jacket/ Jawbone orbital works. if the groove in your gasket is worn, lens will rattle. just replace the gasket..

Back