1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

During my googles looking up some info for another thread I found pics of what I thought were fake 2.0 glasses. Turns out Oakley's making a 3.0, likely staying an SI only release.

It looks good. The styling for the 2.0 felt a little off, but they took input from personnel (such as the member here who's a pilot who had to take the earsocks off) and made additional improvements to help slim the fit for wearing under helmet and radio sets. I definitely want a set to use for shooting and help keep my ear muffs as tightly sealed to my head as possible. I use a 2.0 frame with no rubber for this reason.

Also looks like they're redoing the cumbersome clip. I hope it's still removable.

And my favorite part, Crye liscensed MULTICAM!

M Frame 3.0 -The M Stays Alive! - Oakley Multicam Ballistic Eyewear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 5/27/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

sorry to ask this question here Ruspot, but i dont wanna make a whole new thread for this, and i figured id get a quick answer.

can someone retired from the National Guard still buy stuff from SI? if they got their retired ID and all that? My neighbor is retired and he can help me get stuff from there, i was wondering how cheap the shades are there?

3. Rustpot

From the website
    So if he retired with credentials (not a discharge I believe?) he should be eligible.

They're pretty cheap. 50% MSRP in most cases, but they do sell items that aren't available at retail, mostly M Frame sets, goggles, etc.

The standard Gascan is $50 or $60.

4. TheOakleyConnoissuer

TheOakleyConnoissuer Oakley Beginner

these look like the standard si 2.0's... i dont see a difference beside the color.

5. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

thank you, yea hes been retired for a long time (wasnt discharged or anything) my neighbor is 70+ yrs old. i dont know his exact age cause i never asked him, but i known his for a looong time

6. Rustpot

7. Rustpot

Forgot to add;

The other pair they mention in the review is an Eye Safety Systems (ESS) Crossbow model called the Suppressor, made to use with hearing protection. ESS was bought by Oakley in '06, not sure how that works with Oakley owning one of their top competitors in the ballistic-eyewear segment.

8. Gonzo_TX

Gonzo_TX Oakley Beginner

the camo ones are nice! I could use those for shooting