• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Macallan And Oakley Flask

I still haven't decided......

I'm curious....what happens to Scotch that sits inside it's bottle for the next 20 years?

I'm curious....what happens to Scotch that sits inside it's bottle for the next 20 years?

My uneducated guess is that it would be like wine as long as it it kept a a cool constant temperature it should be fine

Will it age and change like wine? probably not since all the flavor is from the aging in the oak and there is not much to the orginal alcohol and the glasses will not impart any flavor

If the Scotch doesn't turn to crap I'll go 3 boxed sets.....if it does then :confused:

Rustpot seems to know a LOT about scotch.....let's see what he says?

Keep it in the liquor cabinet or the box, out of the light.

Light is the enemy of flavor. Very bad. Why they ship expensive liquors in clear bottles I'll never know. This is also why you see most Scotch in a cardboard box or tube or something.

Duke is correct, it will not continue to age, but it won't stay as stable either. It won't go "bad" meaning spoiled, as the alcohol will keep it from growing bacteria or anything.

For the most part if you keep it boxed, sealed, and upright it should last your lifetime. Open it and it has a shelf life. Store it with the liquid touching the cork and it diminishes life. Let light get to it and it has a shelf life.

For the most part if you keep it boxed, sealed, and upright it should last your lifetime. Open it and it has a shelf life. Store it with the liquid touching the cork and it diminishes life. Let light get to it and it has a shelf life.

will it oxidize or something like that? if so could you use something like a wine stopper that pulls out the air? asuming kept in the dark after it is opened how long will it last?

Latest Posts

Back