• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mainlink discountinued?

tripledeke333

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I was hoping to get a pair of Prescription Oakley Mainlink’s, but it looks like they have been discontinued. You can still get Oakley XL’s, but those don’t fit me as well (about 2 months ago I tried both on and liked the regular much more than the XL).

Anyone know how to get a pair of original Mainlink’s?

Tbh, I am kind of annoyed Oakley did this. I get discontinuing certain frames, but why keep an XL version and not a regular version?

Thank you

They all come and go with only a few exceptions, the nature of Oakley and the public. I have 4 Mainlinks and really like them, a great frame.

The XL probably doesn't sell as well so there is still a lot of stock left, but I'm sure it will be gone soon too.

They all come and go with only a few exceptions, the nature of Oakley and the public. I have 4 Mainlinks and really like them, a great frame.

The XL probably doesn't sell as well so there is still a lot of stock left, but I'm sure it will be gone soon too.
Ahhh that makes more sense. The good think is my optometrist called their Oakley reps and I should be able to get one of the last few regular Mainlink’s.

Ahhh that makes more sense. The good think is my optometrist called their Oakley reps and I should be able to get one of the last few regular Mainlink’s.
You can always find more on Ebay and other sites. Are you looking for any particular pair?

I want a black frame with the Light Blue Deep Water lenses.

I want to get them prescription so am going through my optometrist.
Ok, i am no expert on prescription but can't you just order the lenses and buy a few pairs/frames on different sale sites so you have some spares:p

Ok, i am no expert on prescription but can't you just order the lenses and buy a few pairs/frames on different sale sites so you have some spares:p
Yeah I am not an expert either, so I go through my optometrist and they make up the glasses for me. They said if I brought them a regular Mainlink frame they could put in the lenses, but I think they found one so I should be good.

Latest Posts

Back