• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Making Your Sunglasses In Prescription Sunglasses?

You can't order them yourself, you can take them to your optometrist and if they are an authorized dealer they can send them off to get your script in them.

it really depends what frames you got there. from what i know prescription lenses wouldnt fit on a frame that requires lots of curving of the lens. and it depends on how thick the lenses would be as well.

Lenscrafters will do it. You will need have your eyes measured with frames for optical center. They will send them off to Oakley. I am very impressed with Oakley's lab work. Best RX work I have ever had done. Takes a few weeks to get them back.

Pricing structure for RX:

Clear is $170
+$10 for non-Iridium Color
+$30 for A/R
+$35 for Iridium
+$45 for Premium Iridium (Emerald, Fire)
+$30 for rimless
+$40 for polarized
+$100 for transitions
+$160-165 for progressive.

add each one up.
Emerald Iridium, A/R Progressive Transition in a rimless frame is $530! plus frame

This is from O-Review. :)

O-Stores do prescription stuff. I have been told a number of times.

There are online shops I see that make prescription Oakley stuff but am not if they're legit. :) FramesDirect, SportsVisionBend, OpticsPlanet, AdsEyeWear

There is the option of getting non-oakley lenses.

I got a fuel cell frame for one of my employee who then had bifocal lenses put in them.

There's definitely the possibility of getting non-Oakley lenses.

But colors are limited to clear/brown/grey/greenish tint (like some Ray-Bans).

Of course, it would definitely be cheaper.

Does anyone know if you can order prescription lenses for a pair of sunglasses that have been previously purchased?

My Optometrist, who is also a Authorized Dealer told me I would have to buy the frames from Oakley. In June I ordered a pair of Fast Jackets with the Oakley Transitions lenses in them and they wouldn't let me buy new sunglasses and have Oakley put the lenses in. I paid $220 for just the RX frames where the whole set of sunglasses with two pairs of lenses cost the same.

Back