• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Marriage is hard ...

sorry to hear that bro..
for me,divorce is only an option when one party doesn't have the heart to try and work things out..

My advice to you as to the time apart. I don't really agree with this. This is setting you up to realize that it is possible to be with out each other. It is one thing to sleep in separate rooms, which I feel is harmful as well. Take heed of this, make sure you do everything you can do to work things out. Do not leave it wondering if you should have done something. I do not know anything about your relationship, but given from your post that your heart still goes to her makes me feel that splitting is the wrong thing to do. Giving up is easy and will harm future relationships.

Are you being completely open and honest with her? With your self? I understand people change and move different directions but you both should move together and help one another along. As I said before it's not half and half but both giving it your all.

I am not much of a fan for marriage counseling. They can not tell you what you should do. They sit there and listen and make suggestions. Rather odd ones it would seem as well.

I am not saying you should avoid divorce, but do not take it lightly. That is the last choice you should take. Unless she is beating you...

I married my best friend. I had a great time and did everything I could for my ex wife. At some point she got tired of me and threw me away. It hurts every day. So many things remind me of her and all the fun we had together. I was treated very poorly towards the end but I still tried. I made a commitment and a promise. I chose her to be with me for the rest of our lives. I feel that since she was previously divorced that the decision came easily. I was just cast aside and left broken. Yes, I bought Oakley glasses to be spiteful, but then that became bland. Now I sit at home drinking nearly every night. I feel disgusted with my self some times as I do not feel I tried hard enough, even though she was not good for me.

I guess my point is....make sure when the dust settles and your alone. You made the right choice. It can't be undone and it is very destructive. Not only at that moment but for times to come.

My advice to you as to the time apart. I don't really agree with this. This is setting you up to realize that it is possible to be with out each other. It is one thing to sleep in separate rooms, which I feel is harmful as well. Take heed of this, make sure you do everything you can do to work things out. Do not leave it wondering if you should have done something. I do not know anything about your relationship, but given from your post that your heart still goes to her makes me feel that splitting is the wrong thing to do. Giving up is easy and will harm future relationships.

Are you being completely open and honest with her? With your self? I understand people change and move different directions but you both should move together and help one another along. As I said before it's not half and half but both giving it your all.

I am not much of a fan for marriage counseling. They can not tell you what you should do. They sit there and listen and make suggestions. Rather odd ones it would seem as well.

I am not saying you should avoid divorce, but do not take it lightly. That is the last choice you should take. Unless she is beating you...

I married my best friend. I had a great time and did everything I could for my ex wife. At some point she got tired of me and threw me away. It hurts every day. So many things remind me of her and all the fun we had together. I was treated very poorly towards the end but I still tried. I made a commitment and a promise. I chose her to be with me for the rest of our lives. I feel that since she was previously divorced that the decision came easily. I was just cast aside and left broken. Yes, I bought Oakley glasses to be spiteful, but then that became bland. Now I sit at home drinking nearly every night. I feel disgusted with my self some times as I do not feel I tried hard enough, even though she was not good for me.

I guess my point is....make sure when the dust settles and your alone. You made the right choice. It can't be undone and it is very destructive. Not only at that moment but for times to come.
Thanks for sharing man

Your words definitely strike a chord and I will take them into consideration

Thanks again and wish you all the best as you move forward ...

ohhh my sorry to hear that bro. All of us has relationship issues hope everything goes well on your favor bro.

Latest Posts

Back