1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. JonnyO

JonnyO Oakley Beginner

Hello O peeps. I've been an avid O supporter for as long as I can remember. My first pair was a set of Eye Jacket 1.0 black on black. Unfortunate as it is, they were stolen. What replaced them was what hooked me on O. A pair of R1's that a store manager couldn't get rid of; is what he told me…haha. If he only knew all these years later. Fast forward, I still have them box and all, along with a set of Mars and about 15 others. My question is, what's the difference between the Mars and the Mars Craters?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Craters have little holes around the orbitals. They were originally designed as stitch mounts for the Mars Leather and then they decided they looked cool on their own and were released as Craters.

Wavecloud and JonnyO like this.
  3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

Mars...

Mars vs Mars Crater - mars3_zpsefuzfl0x.jpg

craters...

Mars vs Mars Crater - craters_zpscrggttal.jpg

4. JonnyO

JonnyO Oakley Beginner

Awesome! Thank you! That's what I thought but I just wanted to confirm that. Is either style more rare then the other? I'm guessing the craters were out of production at the same time so There's fewer of them in circulation.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Craters are less common and worth more, but only $50 - $100 more. Genuine Mars Leathers in good condition are the most valuable of the line.

NashCasten, Wavecloud and JonnyO like this.