• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Clear Question

twitch_man

Oakley Beginner
im looking to get my first matte clear frame (crankcase) and i was curious to see if it you guys like that color of frame? mainly i want to know it lets in a lot of light.
....and can we buy different icons for the crankcase? i want to get the matte clear/ice crankcases but want to convert it to matte clear/ jade with green icons. is it possible without buying 2 frames? if you know anything then holler at me! thanks:rockon:

Icons not interchangeable without doing something thas not designed to be done. The batwolf, dispatch i and ii have interchangeable icons. I love the matte clear frame, its very unique.

oh ok thanks. what about light? is it like the polished clear where it lets in light or is it ok?

The matte clear is a killer frame colour. It's amazing how something so close to white is nothing like it at all. Light's way better than polished clear.

oh ok thanks. what about light? is it like the polished clear where it lets in light or is it ok?

It certainly lights up, but it's not nearly as bright feeling as a polished set.

I have a matte clear NewFrog and I really like wearing them. I don't wear them for all-day use in the sun like going to a ball game or something, but they're great and look quite unique.

Back