1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

i sent a pair of livestrong straight jackets to oakley for some warranty work. the iridium had began to come off of one of the lenses. i got the glasses back today, and along with the box the sunglasses were in, i also received a cleaning kit. i thought that was awesome. but upon opening the cleaning kit, i noticed the spray bottle is empty. it even has the screwdriver, the cleaning cloth and the ballistic nylon case. but the spray bottle is completely empty. do you think this was a mistake? did they mean to do it this way? or was the bottle meant to be full? this is my first warranty claim and the first thing i've ever had to send back to oakley, so i'm not sure how they do things. lol.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Might not be able to ship it full maybe. Just take the bottle to any Sunglass Hut or Oakley store and they will fill it free. Lifetime.

3. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Free refills anytime for that bottle

4. O-man

O-man Oakley Beginner

Yeah like the others were saying you can get a free refill at any SGH or O-store so them shipping it full just adds more costs to them.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

and clean your sunnies with warm water and handsoap. its the sweat thats killing your lenses.

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

This.

7. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

I understand that I can get free refills for life. And I clean my Oaks often. In this case, the iridium was coming off of the outside near the corner, at the arm.

My question is "did they mean to ship an empty bottle?" they have to be able to ship a full bottle... How else would they ship it when you order a cleaning kit?

8. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Im sure it wasnt meant to be empty. Was it in the box?

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

maybe it leaked or something. nit really an issue if yiu can just get a free refill anyway

10. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

the last cleaning kit I bought from USSI came full but they are not using the aluminum bottle anymore they have a cheap looking clear plastic one now