1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

Picked this Minute Machine up from Gecko last week. Thanks to the USPS, I had to wait an extra 2 days but it was waiting for me when I got home today. I'm cursed with girly small wrists, but am gonna rock it none-the-less. Titanium face Time Bomb goes into the display case after 2 years of daily wear.

On a more practical note, I read though the manual and got the time set. I'm not terribly familiar with chronographs, so forgive the possibly stupid question. Right now, seconds are counted on the right top small dial. the long red "second hand" only moves if I push "button a" to start timing something. Is it possible for the "traditional" second hand to move instead of the smaller dial, or is that just how these things work? Again, forgive me, and my copious number of quotations.

Merry (early) Christmas to Me (and a Minute Machine question) - image_zps2cdca9e5.jpe

Oakley for life and Gecko like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

That's just how they are.

Congrats on a great watch

3. Tunney Prime

Thanks! I can certainly get used to it. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

You get used to it. Almost all of my watches are chronographs, I find it weird wearing one with central perpetual seconds nowadays!

Tunney Prime likes this.
  5. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Great looking oak watch.

6. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Glad you asked instead of assuming it was broken like many people do. Common mistake to those new to chronos...

Like Carrera1963 said, you just get used to it after a while.

7. SC55

SC55 Oakley Expert

Sweet pick up, I want a MM so bad. Tried to talk the wife into one for Christmas she was all about it until the sales guy told her how much. :(

8. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Congrats on the MM! It's such a nice watch!

9. Tunney Prime

Thanks! Getting used to a little more heft than the Time Bomb, but it still feels really nice. Plus, the crystal doesn't scratch if you breath on it like the TB, so that's a plus. :)

10. Tunney Prime

Yeah, and with the counterfeits on eBay lately, it's not as safe to go on the secondary market. Find a reputable seller and get a good deal and maybe she'll go for it. :)