• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Merry (early) Christmas to Me (and a Minute Machine question)

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
Picked this Minute Machine up from Gecko last week. Thanks to the USPS, I had to wait an extra 2 days but it was waiting for me when I got home today. I'm cursed with girly small wrists, but am gonna rock it none-the-less. Titanium face Time Bomb goes into the display case after 2 years of daily wear.

On a more practical note, I read though the manual and got the time set. I'm not terribly familiar with chronographs, so forgive the possibly stupid question. Right now, seconds are counted on the right top small dial. the long red "second hand" only moves if I push "button a" to start timing something. Is it possible for the "traditional" second hand to move instead of the smaller dial, or is that just how these things work? Again, forgive me, and my copious number of quotations.

image_zps2cdca9e5.jpe

You get used to it. Almost all of my watches are chronographs, I find it weird wearing one with central perpetual seconds nowadays!

Glad you asked instead of assuming it was broken like many people do. Common mistake to those new to chronos...

Like Carrera1963 said, you just get used to it after a while.

Sweet pick up, I want a MM so bad. Tried to talk the wife into one for Christmas she was all about it until the sales guy told her how much. :(

Sweet pick up, I want a MM so bad. Tried to talk the wife into one for Christmas she was all about it until the sales guy told her how much. :(
Yeah, and with the counterfeits on eBay lately, it's not as safe to go on the secondary market. Find a reputable seller and get a good deal and maybe she'll go for it. :)

Back