1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ag3ntX

Ag3ntX Oakley Beginner

I had to get the asian fit Flak jacket as it fit way better. The only problem is that the Flak in Asian fit does not come in matte black. So I got the gloss black and now am looking for a way to mod it to matte. Any ideas aside from sanding with ultra fine grit?

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

And weeeeeeeelcooooooooome to the foruuuuuuuuuuuuuum! Have you heard of a nice fine chap that runs around by the name of Dr. Chop?

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Matte clear coat

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Beat me to it. Yup easiest and fastest way..

5. Ag3ntX

Ag3ntX Oakley Beginner

Thanks for your tips. I think I am going to try Krylon's product. Kind of nervous though. I hate to ruin a brand new pair of glasses. May do a test run under the ear socks.

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

You should definitely test it out first.

7. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

dr. Chop is the best.

8. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

thanks brutha...

Krylon is like putting Walleva lenses in an Oakley...Have fun...just my .02 cents. If you want a better matte clear and are on a budget, go to a hobby store and get yourself some Tamiya rattle can paint. Still won't be great, but kicks the crap outta Krylon. Or send em to me and I will do it reasonably if you are stateside...If not, I am sure there are guys around who can do it in your area.There is still a process, and you will still need to prep your frame, which is why I say send em to me or a local guy if you aren't in the US...The prep materials alone would cost the average guy literally $35-$40, and I won't charge that much just to flatten them

TS80
    http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/72/TS-chart.pdf

9. kalel_unico

kalel_unico Oakley Beginner

If you are a DIY guy and have some experience with paint, a Tamiya paint will work well.

10. Ag3ntX

Ag3ntX Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the tips on Tamiya, Dr Chop. I live in Hawaii and may have to do some serious research on local distributors/retailers here to pick up a can. I have an pair of old Canteens which the matte coating is peeling off the nose bridge area. I might "fingernail" the rest off & test on that. What are your rates for just the prep and doing the Matte? Thanks!