• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Movement swap in Hollow Point watch

The Jeweler in Switzerland says the 7750 will not fit in the Hollow Point case. Something about the stem height and such. It makes me wonder if he's right and they designed the hollow point for the ronda movement or if they designed it like the fmj to fit the 7750 and customized for the ronda.
I would ask someone at oakley but I don't know anyone and I'm sure they keep any information closely guarded.

The Jeweler in Switzerland says the 7750 will not fit in the Hollow Point case. Something about the stem height and such. It makes me wonder if he's right and they designed the hollow point for the ronda movement or if they designed it like the fmj to fit the 7750 and customized for the ronda.
I would ask someone at oakley but I don't know anyone and I'm sure they keep any information closely guarded.
Effectively that's what I said. Where the crown meets the movement is the limiting factor for which movements fit in which case.

Yea but which way? You could modify the case to get it a little deeper

Just for S&G, here's a cheap photoshop hack job of what a skeletonized automatic movement in a HP case could look like...

valHP-skeleton.jpg

Back