• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Experiments In Rust

I'm with Dragonvoi, the Frogs and Juliet are my preference too! The paint doesn't rub off on your face without a clear coat?

All of those look great, nice work! I have to agree with everyone else that the Juliet and Frogs are my favorites.

Thanks guys! After doing the Frogs and the Juliet's, I'm prob going to have to go back and redo the Fuel Cells and Batwolfs to apply what I've learned so far.

I haven't noticed any rubbing off or flaking of the paint without a clear over them yet. The only downside so far of not having the clear is the rust really likes grabbing ahold of the microfiber bag when cleaning lenses. I am afraid that I might end up with some scratches in the lenses at some point in time. I'm waiting on a few different clears right now to mess with to see if I can preserve that uncleared look, but with some added protection.

Depending on if you see it as a positive or a negative, not having clear over them allows oxygen to still interact with the rust and the finish will evolve over time and change.

Latest Posts

Back