• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Display Case (Ikea)

ProjectCM3

Oakley Beginner
USA
Hi everyone!

Very excited to have purchased and built my first display case! Unfortunately it's not a proper Oakley Case, but I figured one of those will hopefully come down the line in the future and I'll upgrade to that :)

I got this on Friday, built it Friday night and Saturday I stocked it. Lighting isn't installed yet and what IKEA had on offer as far as the "puck LED" option was too weak in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Any LED/Lighting recommendations I can look into to light my setup?

Thanks for looking!
0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Looks great. How many hours did it take build the case
Thank you! About 1.5 hours to actually build. Had a little bit of help (you need someone to be around to ensure the glass panes don't decide to take a trip on their own :) ) and about 2 hours to decide what to put inside and how to arrange it!

Hey...nice case. Nice to see the love for ice lens. Those shelves have lotsa space in between...coz you were able to place that O-book upright....o_O.
Was thinking of getting one of these but to stock something else. Wonder if something smaller could be available for me at Ikea...
Keep up the good work though!!!!

Hey...nice case. Nice to see the love for ice lens. Those shelves have lotsa space in between...coz you were able to place that O-book upright....o_O.

Was thinking of getting one of these but to stock something else. Wonder if something smaller could be available for me at Ikea...
Keep up the good work though!!!!

Thanks man! Ice lenses are my favorite by far :)

There's a ton of space in between the shelves, for sure. However, the Oakley Book is too tall to be displayed perfectly upright/vertical. It's slightly at an angle so it fits in. Looking at it straight ahead however makes it seems as though it's completely upright :)

IKEA is a great place to start, I didn't see anything smaller than this though. I did however see bigger!

Back