• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Real Lens Cutting Journey

Its all in learning, and it does get confusing sometimes. If you look at the trace of the "R", that is for the right lens when looking at the Mars Glasses. Not an issue there. But then look at the donor lens that it is traced on. That is the Left eye lens when looking at them. So opposite of what you would want. Probably not a big issue for this cut and pair of glasses, but would make the difference in other pairs

No it's not. The right mars lens is traced on the right crosshair lens. Check out the pic. The small side is towards the nose

I am not sure what all the fuss is about, this cut was done correctly. The right eye cut was done on the right eye lens of the donors. Come on guy"IH" get with it. The crosshairs are shaped backwards compared to most other lenses. A pic was even provided. That slipped my eye, so honest, but dumb mistake. Hopefully my only one for the day.

I am not sure what all the fuss is about, this cut was done correctly. The right eye cut was done on the right eye lens of the donors. Come on guy"IH" get with it. The crosshairs are shaped backwards compared to most other lenses. A pic was even provided. That slipped my eye, so honest, but dumb mistake. Hopefully my only one for the day.
>_> now i just need to make some clips

I was just trying to make sure I wasn't crazy! Lol

Was a good chop tho. Grab some wire and clip it

I just use alum wire for all of mine. looks fine, works great, easy to take off. I wouldn't use something super strong. There's mars i know of with the nubs broke off.

I just use alum wire for all of mine. looks fine, works great, easy to take off. I wouldn't use something super strong. There's mars i know of with the nubs broke off.
does the aluminum wire hold the tension tho, aluminum wire tends to be rather easy to bend, at least aluminum electrical wire that i work with everyday.

Latest Posts

Back