• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Metal Collection

lu270bro

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Knoxville, TN
This started out as a single X-Metal/Black Iridium Juliet, bought brand new in 2006. After a few years of wearing, I went to the interwebs searching for ways to fix the extremely loose nosebridge. Lo and behold, i stumble across Oakley Forum. I lurked for about a year or so, then made an account and contacted the X-Man for a tuneup. And then it went downhill from there, picking up steam the past couple of years. Just want to put a disclaimer to anyone thinking about collecting (original) X-Metals: its a slippery slope. My wallet hates me sometimes, but damn if these things are the most badass eyewear on the planet, and it ain't close! Many of these pieces came from members here. Others via an opportune bid on the bay. Thanks for looking!

The collection:
IMG_20160113_201903.jpg

Top Shelf: X-Metal Romeo 1 w/ Linegear, X-Metal Romeo 1 with Chrome
IMG_20160113_201916.jpg

2nd Shelf, Left to Right: X-Metal/Blue Iridium & Ichiro Rubber, Polished/Blue Iridium & Ichiro Rubber, and Carbon/Blue Iridium with Ichiro Rubber:
IMG_20160113_201928.jpg

3rd Shelf, Left to right: 1st Gen Plasma JE with Ichiro Rubber, top middle is my first Juliet- X-Metal/Black Iridium, bottom middle is "X" serial X-Metal/Ruby, right is 1st gen Plasma/Ice:
IMG_20160113_201940.jpg

4th Shelf: 4the Gen Plasma with Titanium Polorized/Rootbeer rubber, center is a Carbon/G30, and right is X-Metal/Black Iridium Polarized with Ducati Rubber:
IMG_20160113_202001.jpg

Bottom Shelf: Left is my first pair of "good" sunglasses, bought shortly out of high school- RayBan Orbs, middle is my very first pair of Oakleys, purchased in 2001- A Wire with the batwing rubber/Light Blue Iridium Lenses, and the right is a pair of wires which actually had a pair of the light blue iridiums installed in them (for my A wires).
IMG_20160113_202021.jpg

I keep my spare OEM colored rubber, screws, and other bits in the tray stand on the top shelf in the lower locking compartment, and the bottom holds my spare lenses (left side) and the Juliet OEM rubber kits (right side).
IMG_20160117_171117.jpg

IMG_20160117_171038.jpg

Thanks for looking folks and hope you guys enjoy as much as I have enjoyed browsing other folks' collections.