• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Modest IKEA Display Case

:):):):):):):):)

8 years olds and 6 years old

View attachment 424272

I can tell in a second how much firearm experience someone has or hasn't had just by watching how they hold a firearm. Your son having his finger outside the trigger guard on that AR tells me he has been taught correctly by someone. It's is just natural for most people to lay their trigger finger on the trigger when holding a firearm. Keeping it outside is something that is taught and not just a natural grip. Again, Mr Litos, hats off to you for teaching your kids correctly. Years ago I helped a buddy of mine to open a gun shop. I did a lot of the AR work in the shop. I can't even count how many times firearms have been pointed at my melon. Despite signs on the door and all over the shop saying not to unholster a loaded weapon in the shop. Think this helped? Hell No. I don't leave the house without being armed with a sidearm and have an AR in the truck locked into a mount from a cop car. Sometimes what scares me more than the bad dude on the street with a death wish, is that knucklehead who spent 8 hours in a classroom and got his Cc permit. Then some idiot in a gun shop told him/her that they aren't truly protected unless they carry in a caliber starting with a 4. Now the knucklehead is carrying a 44 mag, 454 Casual or even a 480 revolver. He went to the range once and now he is scared to fire it because of recoil that makes him flinch or even close his eyes when pulling the trigger. These people scare the piss out of me. Done preaching, lol!!!! L

I can tell in a second how much firearm experience someone has or hasn't had just by watching how they hold a firearm. Your son having his finger outside the trigger guard on that AR tells me he has been taught correctly by someone. It's is just natural for most people to lay their trigger finger on the trigger when holding a firearm. Keeping it outside is something that is taught and not just a natural grip. Again, Mr Litos, hats off to you for teaching your kids correctly. Years ago I helped a buddy of mine to open a gun shop. I did a lot of the AR work in the shop. I can't even count how many times firearms have been pointed at my melon. Despite signs on the door and all over the shop saying not to unholster a loaded weapon in the shop. Think this helped? Hell No. I don't leave the house without being armed with a sidearm and have an AR in the truck locked into a mount from a cop car. Sometimes what scares me more than the bad dude on the street with a death wish, is that knucklehead who spent 8 hours in a classroom and got his Cc permit. Then some idiot in a gun shop told him/her that they aren't truly protected unless they carry in a caliber starting with a 4. Now the knucklehead is carrying a 44 mag, 454 Casual or even a 480 revolver. He went to the range once and now he is scared to fire it because of recoil that makes him flinch or even close his eyes when pulling the trigger. These people scare the piss out of me. Done preaching, lol!!!! L
Thanks sir

I spent 4 years in the Marines and 4 years as LEO - weapons handling safety is #1, above anything else :)

My son got some first hand Marine Corps Rifleman Training when he was 8 hahaha !!!

He doesn’t get “super geeked” with guns, mainly due to the fact that he was introduced to them so early in his life - he just thinks they’re part of his life lol...

He never turns down an opportunity to hit the range, but he doesn’t openly beg to go, know what I mean ??

This was 2 weeks ago with his new M&P 1522

All shots taken at 7 yards :)

1C70685C-4059-4B85-9953-FFD0461296CF.jpeg
0120DCC8-D926-4456-95CD-B1E2FEE3AA18.jpeg
B92EDA10-40CC-42B7-9B39-1C0B99E76225.jpeg

Right on buddy, that's the way to raise a young man up. Those are some very good photos of guns, shades, and a young man who knows about both. He's going to need a big stick when he gets older to beat all the ladies off him, lol!!! Doing these things with him now will provide you both with great memories when youre older and he is in the Marines and on the other side of the planet, or in my case the USA. They do grow up way to fast.
NCH

Any more x-metal added to collection?
I just have 13, no more...

I’m displaying (12) XMetals, (12) Watches and (12) Knives...

When I get more watches or knives, I’ll put it in the rotation :)

Might need more watch stands though...

Hell, might need a bigger case...

1008CBA8-73CB-46D6-9032-03346D741EB5.jpeg

Back