• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Driving Rx - Limited Options - Suggestions?

KStroop

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

I will be getting some Rx sunglasses very soon and I'm debating on what to go with.

I currently wear Radar Pitch with Daily Prizm Polarized lenses. Before that I had the standard grey that came in my Radar.

My wife has VR28 BIP and I like the contrast, but it's definitely the maximum amount of Rose tint that I would want.

My Oakley store does not have any OO BIP and Prizm Daily Polarized don't come in Rx.

My Oakley guy showed me some new Prizm Black lenses (unsure if there's anything after black, he just called them Prizm Black and said they're new). They Polarized does not come in any Rx, but you can get Rx with the nonpolarized.

My question - if you had to choose, which would you go with? Rx Prizm Black Nonpolarized or Rx VR28 BIP? The former let's in considerably less light (~11% vs the VR28's 17%).

I really like Rose-Grey type color lenses, but I don't want to sacrifice considerably.

What are y'all's thoughts?

Close to Prizm daily, but darker. If it is polarized it should be great (I think it is, but not 100%)

Unfortunately, the prescription (Rx) version is non polarized.

Basically:

Prizm Black Rx loses polarization
VR28 BIP Rx loses the Rose-Grey base that I'm used to

Trying to weigh what would have the most or least impact.

Unfortunately, the prescription (Rx) version is non polarized.

Basically:

Prizm Black Rx loses polarization
VR28 BIP Rx loses the Rose-Grey base that I'm used to

Trying to weigh what would have the most or least impact.

For driving I always choose polarized. So VR28BIP would be my choice

My wife has VR28 BIP and I like the contrast, but it's definitely the maximum amount of Rose tint that I would want.

My Oakley store does not have any OO BIP and Prizm Daily Polarized don't come in Rx.

First of all, walk back in there and demand OO BIP!!!

Then, go for VR28 BIP. I wasn't a fan of the contrast at first either, but I almost ALWAYS grab a pair with that lens first. Works great all day for driving from just about direct sun beams right in my face during the morning commute, overcast or cloudy days, up until right after dusk.

VR28 BIP is the BEST all around IMO. (OO BIP is my 2nd fave)

If you're digging the rose hue, see if Deep Water Prizm comes in Rx. (DWP replaced OO BIP in the pecking order for me)

Sapphire might otherwise deliver what you're looking for, but will let more light in. VR28 BIP is 10% while DWP is like 12% (?)
@kronin323 would know that exact #

Last edited:
Back