• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New here, first pair of Oakley's

It sucks there's so many fakes out there and they're getting better, this one was obvious with the packaging for the ones that know what to look for but without the packaging it would've been hard to identify. Another indicator I use is price, if it seems to good to be true it usually is. Good luck with your refund and finding a authentic pair.

Hey guys, new to Oakley's but not to forums (member of a few car and ski boat forums). Anyways, I just bought my first pair of Frogskins from eBay, and decided to post a few pics here to see if anyone could tell me if they're fake or genuine. I've bought ray bans on eBay before and had good luck with getting genuine ones. Reason I wanted some Oakley's was to change it up and get something a little more "sporty" for boating other than my ray bans. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice.

Thanks!

Matt

0a87f7b59280055ccdd9599738a9cb8e.jpg
54ec270111d03f19095c512a779f6880.jpg
50944216974a1cd04da84b13f4231920.jpg
Welcome to the forum

Jump first before you see there's no water in the pool I see?

Send those back. File a claim. Destroy them. Whatever. Buy real Oakleys after all is done

It sucks there's so many fakes out there and they're getting better, this one was obvious with the packaging for the ones that know what to look for but without the packaging it would've been hard to identify. Another indicator I use is price, if it seems to good to be true it usually is. Good luck with your refund and finding a authentic pair.

Price is often an indicator but you can't rule everything out just because of a fantastic price. I have bought TONS of Oakleys where the prices were ridiculous to say the least but (since I did my homework) they were all good and legit.

Sometimes people don't know what they have and want to get rid of stuff,or they have lost interest and want to cash out of the hobby quick. Sometimes they may even be storagr closet finds...who knows! The fact remains that if you do your homework there ARE good (even great)deals to be had on legit stuff

It sucks there's so many fakes out there and they're getting better, .

I agree.

These past months or so eBay was flooded with admittedly cheap Radar and Radarlock fakes. Same or similar pics in all listings and all from multiple new sellers. I guess eBay finally took care of them because I can't see those anymore.
But then today I see a bunch of listings for a bunch of Oakley knockoffs (Radarlock,Radar EV,Batwolf etc) all from a brand new 0-feedback seller. The guy is so blatant that his user id is "f0ak1leyyy-6" (a play on "foakley)

I was actually duped for a pair of so called racing jackets. It was weird ....I paid good money for them and he used authentic photos. When they came I could tell right away..as soon as I sent him a message regarding authenticity he refunded the payment right away with no message and no return address.. he sold a bunch of the same pair at auction minutes apart from mine. I told ebay but he's got nothing listed at the moment and they don't seem to care... I feel bad for whomever paid the full price and had no idea. I'm also stuck with a fake pair of racing jackets. Still looking for my own pair. .someday I'll find the right one..I love the heritage ones with jade but replaced with fire. A couple customers sent me the frames to paint and I fell in love..shame sometimes. I'm going off topic here. Sorry gents. I hope I helped with the skins here. I'm usually very good at spotting fake frogs. Those however have the correct sku for the frame.. just means the makers are getting better.. also cheap price for frogs means Nothing you can buy a pair for like 30 bucks that's missing it's box. Those sellers on ebay that seem to have tons of frogs all the time are a great source for legit paint able frames.lol.

Welcome to the community, sorry about your Frogs. Stick around, you can replace them with multiple real pair and be happy. :)

Latest Posts

Back