1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Moto

Moto Oakley Beginner

2 months ago I managed to get hold of a brand new boxed set of Black Iridium lenses for my X Metal XX Ti glasses - owned by me from new and still with original box, case, coin, paperwork etc and even purchase receipt. The lenses didn't quite fit and I read on this forum that this can be a problem with these Oakley replacement lens. I didn't feel confident to 'adjust / grind' them myself so sent just the glasses and lenses (non of the other items) to Oakley to fit. They've lost them! They were signed for by Oakley so they've said they will offer me replacement goods to the value of approx. £500 from their website. However they have said that they were sent in a batch to Italy by mistake and it is possible that they may at some point (quote "it may be weeks or months or not at all") be found by Oakley. If I take the offer and the glasses are found they will not return them to me. Otherwise I can wait. I have been waiting now for 2 months. What should I do?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. VolcanOG

VolcanOG Xs and Os Premium Member

I would be talking to a manager. As high up as you can get. Everyone has a boss. Get pissed! I would tell them hell no to their offer. Document everything as you go along too. Sorry this happened to you. That's a tragic loss and nothing Oakley makes now could ever replace those. Best of luck.

Funky-Trixtar and Jmgarcia like this.
  3. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

I agree with @VolcanOG, get pissed and ask to speak to everyone that you can. Unless they are willing to refund you the current market value of them you shouldn't settle. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if a employee is wearing them right now. How do you accidentally send things to Italy. I cannot believe that oakley has gotten so incompetent that they make a "mistake" like that. Best of luck keep us updated.

dragonvoi, Funky-Trixtar and VolcanOG like this.
  4. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

aww.... i hope you sort them out!

Funky-Trixtar likes this.
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum.

I wish you would have found us here first prior to sending them in. We would have STRONGLY advised against it.

But as the guys said. You need to start freaking out about it. They are somewhere. Most likely in someone's house right now.

6. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

I can't make you feel any better but to avoid feeling much worse do what these guys said. :acute:

VolcanOG likes this.
  7. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

Most likey on the same shelf as my first gen XM Juliet :mad:

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I concur

discostu likes this.
  9. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

Get the torches and pitchforks ready, fight for your lenses

10. Paulhog

Paulhog Oakley Beginner

Cash out, if you let it go too long they or something will just get more lost