• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie trying to figure these Juliet's out

they look good for being that old. shows that some people give a ratts ass about their stuff.

welcome and trust me, there are loads of people who help out. you will be amazed by this community!

yep welcome! a few things to consider. even if purchased directly from oakley, sometimes the boxes are mismatched. what makes this particular pair more valuable than some of other commonly released finishes is that the plasma tinds to get discolored and stained from improper cleaning/storage. check under the nosebombs for discoloration as well as faded parts at the earstem tips (where the most contact would be when putting them on) If the finish color is consistent all throughout the frame and the box matches, then they are indeed a rarity.

yep welcome! a few things to consider. even if purchased directly from oakley, sometimes the boxes are mismatched. what makes this particular pair more valuable than some of other commonly released finishes is that the plasma tinds to get discolored and stained from improper cleaning/storage. check under the nosebombs for discoloration as well as faded parts at the earstem tips (where the most contact would be when putting them on) If the finish color is consistent all throughout the frame and the box matches, then they are indeed a rarity.

The box does match the serial number on the ear piece. My fiancé got these when we worked together at an aftermarket automotive/Motorcycle exhaust manufacture, SuperTrapp/Kerker. We separated for 7 years when I went out to Las Vegas to work at Dynojet Research. I came back to Ohio in 2005, and she had kept them put away until I returned and got back together. They were worn very little, as they didn't fit easily under my motorcycle helmet. My Flak Jackets were usually my goto pair.

The box does match the serial number on the ear piece. My fiancé got these when we worked together at an aftermarket automotive/Motorcycle exhaust manufacture, SuperTrapp/Kerker. We separated for 7 years when I went out to Las Vegas to work at Dynojet Research. I came back to Ohio in 2005, and she had kept them put away until I returned and got back together. They were worn very little, as they didn't fit easily under my motorcycle helmet. My Flak Jackets were usually my goto pair.
there you go, you are now the owner of a pair of used sunglasses that has appreciated in value!

My Flak Jackets were usually my goto pair.

Flaks are my go to pair for riding.

Great 1st gen plasma. That was awesome of her to keep them put away, and cool to hear your back together with her. Congrats on getting them back.

Brand new to Oakley forum.com and trying to figure out what I have.
As best as I can tell, this is a pair of Exclusive 1st gen Oakley Juliet Plasma W/Fire. I sent them to Oakley a decade ago to have Plasma Ice lenses installed. Still have both sets of lenses.
Serial# P031816
Any ideas?
Stunning condition for first gen plasma! They usually have some flaking to the finish. Very nice. Welcome to the forum.

Very welcome. There are a lot of very well informed members here that can help you out.

How rare are these?

Informed members? There's lots of those- just ask them. :)
How "rare" is your pair? Well there were 31815 made before yours and mine is 66989 so I guess "rare" is subjective.
You do have the first gen plasma frame which is preferred by many collectors and they look awesome from the pics.
Welcome to the forum!