• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Now You Think Batwolfs Are Cheap?

Best I could do is probably get a letter of authorization from the Oakley Elite employee that sold them to me. Since its a prototype there are no serial numbers or any other writing inside the arms like production glasses have. The level of quality and manufacturing on these could only be done by a company like Oakley. There is no way any collector could replicate the quality of work done on these. When I took them to my Oakley Vault store in Seattle, they were blown away by how nice and cool they are. When you see them in person, you know right away that they are authentic made by Oakley.
I am in the Seattle area to! We need to get lunch...

Realistically, if I were going to try and sell them. Not that I am going to being my favorite pair. What do you think I could get for a 1 off CF Prototype? Considering they are the rarest Batwolfs or Oakley's for that matter ever made.

Probably not the rarest oakley ever made. The seller was an Oakley Employee?
Ive never seen Oakley experiment in Carbon so haphazardly. Cool score though. Id find a way to authenticate those if youre seriously looking to sell

Yes, the seller worked on the Elite team. Not sure I understand your comment that you never seen Oakley work on Carbon so haphazardly. And I strongly disagree with your not thinking they are the rarest. I've never seen and Oakley made product where there is only 1 pair in the world. That's the definition of rare buddy. You try to show me another Oakley made that's a 1 of 1. It's pretty much the hold grail for a collector to get the serial number 1, let alone the only 1.

Yes, the seller worked on the Elite team. Not sure I understand your comment that you never seen Oakley work on Carbon so haphazardly. And I strongly disagree with your not thinking they are the rarest. I've never seen and Oakley made product where there is only 1 pair in the world. That's the definition of rare buddy. You try to show me another Oakley made that's a 1 of 1. It's pretty much the hold grail for a collector to get the serial number 1, let alone the only 1.
There was a whole holiday release of Oakley 1 of 1 pairs this year.

I can show you 10-20 maybe 30 way more rarer pairs than this. all one off, all worth way more. but thats besides the point. you apparently have the cure for aids in your possession, so I apologize

haphazard as in, just one, not finished with any special markings, no plans for future production, not a pair that is going to make an impact. Not a popular frame, and frankly, not done very well. Im pretty sure the folks at oakley know how much work and money go into materials. No engineer there said "damn these are hot, but it just cost $400 to make a frame" Carbon isnt anything new. and it certainly isnt any where near as expensive as xmetal
Personally I have some one off Oakley stuff. I didnt pay $600 for it, and I know a dozen others who are going to ring in about one off, authenticity and backing posts up with sand instead of air...

EDIT oh and you dont have a serial.. do you?

It sounds to me like you really want to believe they are real, and I hope they are for your sake...I really do. But if all you have is some guy from ebay's story that he worked for oakley blah blah then you are crazy. I would never buy a piece with that little proof...have you ever heard the country song "I'm so much cooler on-line"?!!

I am 99% sure this was the same seller months ago that had them listed stating that he received them when he bought his new Lambo....now he's an ex elite team member...hmm. I'm pretty sure if you search back a few months either here or on the other site you will find the thread where he made that claim in his listing.

Why don't you call or email Oakley, I'm pretty sure you'd have the sellers name since he sent you the glasses,etc you could run the photos and the guys name by them to confirm if they are indeed an O prototype.

But what do I know, I only own a few '1 of 1's' that aren't as rare as yours:rofl: :lolsign:

I will chime in on this, not to down play this pair in any way. If Oakley did make this, then I am going to bet it was an experiment to see how it would turn out. I would beg to differ that this CAN be duplicated by someone who is experienced with carbon weave and lay up resins. Not any resin per say, as each one is different. I have wrapped items in carbon and found it to be quite tedious as opposed to creating the item from carbon depending on the application. My skill level with carbon and Kevlar weave materials has been seen, and doing this pair just takes a little time. Many members on here have one of a kind pieces that are signed, numbered, and authenticated by Oakley. Just because this person says they worked on the Elite team, doesn't necessarily mean its true....( They were 9 members to this team) I am sure many times stuff has been created and tested at Oakley only to be dumped in a bin to be discarded. This is true just based on design drawings, prototypes, and design changes pre and post production. I have a couple of pairs where the design was changed even after release of the frame.

As far as I know, the rarest item ever made, never went into production. It is a true "one off" as it was branded Oakley and serialized as #0001. But was never produced. It took nearly $100G to design and manufacture.

Sure there is also 3 pairs of Oakleys, also valued at $10G a pair too. If your pair makes you happy, that's awesome, but please understand the notion of them being "the rarest" pair is a bit off. I will vouch for some members on here owning stuff that you probably never thought existed either.....

I will chime in on this, not to down play this pair in any way. If Oakley did make this, then I am going to bet it was an experiment to see how it would turn out. I would beg to differ that this CAN be duplicated by someone who is experienced with carbon weave and lay up resins. Not any resin per say, as each one is different. I have wrapped items in carbon and found it to be quite tedious as opposed to creating the item from carbon depending on the application. My skill level with carbon and Kevlar weave materials has been seen, and doing this pair just takes a little time. Many members on here have one of a kind pieces that are signed, numbered, and authenticated by Oakley. Just because this person says they worked on the Elite team, doesn't necessarily mean its true....( They were 9 members to this team) I am sure many times stuff has been created and tested at Oakley only to be dumped in a bin to be discarded. This is true just based on design drawings, prototypes, and design changes pre and post production. I have a couple of pairs where the design was changed even after release of the frame.

As far as I know, the rarest item ever made, never went into production. It is a true "one off" as it was branded Oakley and serialized as #0001. But was never produced. It took nearly $100G to design and manufacture.

Sure there is also 3 pairs of Oakleys, also valued at $10G a pair too. If your pair makes you happy, that's awesome, but please understand the notion of them being "the rarest" pair is a bit off. I will vouch for some members on here owning stuff that you probably never thought existed either.....
Could you go into more detail about that #0001 pair? I haven't ever heard of it, are there any pictures? Do we know who owns them? This kind of stuff really intrigues me! I don't have any one off's but learning more about these rare items and the Oakley legacy is what it's all about for me :)

I have these now. I bought them after the seller and I had a real long talk about these. I too was very skeptical. I wanted the back story and made him text me a bunch more photos. These are 100% real carbon fiber through and through, and made very well. The pictures don't do it justice. They were made very strong and sturdy. The carbon fiber was built up pretty thick, so there is no flex in them whatsoever. They weight 10 grams more than the normal Batwolfs. They also fit a little tighter on the head which is fine for me. I have 4 pair of Batwolfs and these are by far my favorite pair. You have no idea how sick these things are. Here is the story on them. My buddy works for Oakley and these prototypes were made for a promo and went on promo tours with Lamborghini. They were going to be sold as an option when you bought a Lambo. They didn't take off due to the high time and cost of manufacturing. Over 2 grand apparently was what they were going to be sold for. They refined the process now with the Elite Carbon 6C. Which is milled from a solid block of carbon fiber, way faster and cheaper to make, but doesn't have that Carbon Fiber look like you get with these. I post some better pictures soon.

100% would mean, its entirely made from carbon fiber....

This means is layered over the omatter of the original frame, and NOT 100% through and through

Sure. Also these are not like the Six C, which are a block of Carbon Fiber. They are the laminated type of CF which are gel coated then vacuum sealed. So the hinge is the normal O material.

This appears to be more like what occurred, which again is easy to duplicate, and this is why they fit snugger then normal.....

Could you go into more detail about that #0001 pair? I haven't ever heard of it, are there any pictures? Do we know who owns them? This kind of stuff really intrigues me! I don't have any one off's but learning more about these rare items and the Oakley legacy is what it's all about for me :)

Its not a pair.....

Back