• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

LOL... My opinion is that @dingo ate my baby is correct that applying the "hydro pen" is better than nothing. But it comes off IMHO after 3-4 washings. So might last 1-2 weeks on a wear pair. The Dillon, and actually Oakley RX lenses are hydro/oleo and they are a ton better. I wouldn't expect that coating to wear down for at least 10 months, and more likely with care 3-5 years. Hey @Litos just be sure not to leave out in your car on hot days where the coatings can "bake". You'll get microscopic or bigger "cracks" in the lenses were oils and things like that can get trapped. BTW, rumor has it another company coming into the RX industry may have this "NIR" matte mirror/coating technology coming out soon. When that happens we can all get multiple pairs and make Litos jealous :)
Alas when will Oakley do it!. Or just buy the patent and get over with it

anyone remember when oakley used to put the little sample hydro pen in the larger black boxes boxes like flak jacket xlj?

Ive got a couple of those around still. All dried up tho.

20160522_194159.jpg

I'm trying to revive a couple of mine (I think I had 3 that were dried up from nib old stock Split jackets)

@csdj we are feeling strongly they will work for pb2. I don't own a pb1 frame at this time so i'm not able to verify. I'm going to say no on the XS, just because the frame has a really deep groove and these lenses are plastic, not polycarbonate. My fear is they would crack from pressure over time on an XS. But ya, they should work for PB2!!!

Comparing hydrophobic lenses to oleophobic is comparing apples to oranges. Honestly, it's right there in the words, I don't know why there is confusion. Hydro- means water so hydrophobic lenses repel water. Oleo- means oil so oleophobic lenses repel oils - like the ones on your skin. Hence fewer smudges.

Complaining your hydrophobic lenses show fingerprints is like moaning your windscreen doesn't block out radio signals...

Latest Posts

Back