• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us!

upload_2015-2-23_17-47-14.png

I received a set of the the Revant Elite lenses from Kevin and have worn them around all day now. The look and feel of the lenses out of the box is great. These lenses really are a great alternative to authentic Oakley lenses. They popped in the frame no problem and dont feel loose at all. I love the way the "ELITE" etching on the lense looks, but i almost feel like it I can see it too much while wearing the glasses. Kind of like a small smudge. Over all great lenses though and thanks again to Kevin for letting us try some out.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2015-02-23-13-24-59.png

I have to say I am very happy with the Revant lenses I received. I was not expecting such high quality lenses. I was expecting the quality of the walleva lenses I own. The HC3 lenses had great fitment and clarity. I like how dark the lenses are and the have a nice sheen to them for not having a mirror shield coating. I only have one question, Do all lenses Revant sells have the same thickness as the HC3 lenses. Thank you Kevin for giving me a chance to try out Revant lenses. If all your lenses are this nice i will probably be purchasing a couple for some other frames i have.

View attachment 133280
I have to say I am very happy with the Revant lenses I received. I was not expecting such high quality lenses. I was expecting the quality of the walleva lenses I own. The HC3 lenses had great fitment and clarity. I like how dark the lenses are and the have a nice sheen to them for not having a mirror shield coating. I only have one question, Do all lenses Revant sells have the same thickness as the HC3 lenses. Thank you Kevin for giving me a chance to try out Revant lenses. If all your lenses are this nice i will probably be purchasing a couple for some other frames i have.
Stoked to hear you're enjoying your lenses Charles, and thanks to everyone else who has also posted a review. Really enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on Elite. To answer your question about the thickness, Elite is our premium lens and it differs in terms of thickness and other features. Our non-polarized lenses will be closer to Elite in terms of thickness, but our polarized lenses are thinner than both. Our Elite lenses also feature taper correction which is unique to it's line and will effect thickness slightly.

Question for Kevin:
Does Revant have any plans on making a replacement lens for the Penny?
No plans at this moment, but we're always looking to expand our selection. I'll make sure to bring these frames up with the team!

Shame you only have the one color in Juliet
But I would be willing to try them
Stay tuned. We should have more of these coming out this year!
-Kevin

I want to thank Kevin and @Revant Optics for their generosity in letting so many of us try out their new HC3 lenses.

I have tried Revant lenses in the past, back when they were VL. I have a pair of Titanium Mirrorshield lenses for my Flak Jackets, which I bought because Oakley does not make a Chrome Iridium lens for the Flaks. The first thing I noticed about the HC3 lenses compared to the old VL lenses was the thickness. The HC3 lenses are just as thick as the stock Oakley ones, which was a pleasant surprise. Although it doesn't necessarily affect anything, I wasn't a fan of the wafer thinness of the VL lenses. So far, so good.

I decided to snap the HC3's in my Flaks and try them out. They snapped in with no problem, just as easy as Oakley lenses. Thankfully, I had a perfect day to test them. The sun was out in full force melting the recent snowfall which made for a ton of glare from all the running water on roads. The first thing I noticed was how nicely the HC3's cut that glare. They also tuned contrast and improved clarity. I switched to my Oakley Black Iridium Polarized and honestly could not tell a huge difference between the two lenses. They both cut the glare effectively and improved clarity and contrast.

I have not had a chance to try out Oakley's Prizm lenses yet so I'm not sure how Revant HC3 compare to those. Most Oakley collectors (like myself) don't like to sway from Oakley and only Oakley products; but at half the price as Oakley Polarized replacement lenses and no major differences (in my eyes), the HC3's are a great option. I will never stop buying Oakley lenses but I will surely keep the HC3's in my rotation, especially if we see some different colors in the future.

Thanks again Revant, it was much appreciated.

My review on the HC3 Revant Lens for Oakley Gascan

Came in a nice package with a nice standard size microfiber bag, installation was quick and simple perfect match for Gascan frames.

Overall very happy with the product the clarity and color is good. The polarization seems very good . The thickness of the lens is good too. The elite etching on the outside of the left lens is very cool. However for me personally I don't like looking at any type of etching when im wearing sunglasses.

I would definitely recommend these lenses . Im not sure if they are made here in USA which would be a bonus to me. Im tired of helping China's economy grow.

I wonder how these would do in the impact test as well as oakleys optics test.
It is a good product thanks to Kevin for letting us try them out for free. :cool-20::beach:

DSC00691.JPG

DSC00694.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

DSC00713.JPG

Back