• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Baseball Infield or Outfield?

I like darker prism as I live in a sunny state. Is infield outfield a good choice for a darker view?

I have looked through one of those lenses, but I can't remember which one. The one I looked through didn't block nearly as much light as the Iridium line of lenses, but it recolored everything in an interesting way.

Outfield is the darker lens of the two at 15% light trans, compared to 20% for infield.

Alternatively, Daily Prizm is 14%.

Correct - so far, Daily are the only polarized Prizms. And priced accordingly...

Also, the Outfield has the contrast tuned to provide better visibility of a baseball against the sky, while the Daily is more general purpose contrast.

Aesthetically (from the perspective of somebody else seeing you wear them), Daily is conservative, dark with a little reflectivity, while Outfield is more bold with a strong reddish Iridium.

Hello gentlemen, clearly you guys are becoming experts on the Oakley prizm lenses. Can you help me out?

I have several pair of Oakley Prizm, got them all from a dealer and now I am having trouble identifying which is which. The Daily Polarized is obvious, as is the Prizm Trail. I think the deep reds in the Prizm Road have allowed me to identify it as well.

Here's where I run into a problem, I have 3 Prizm Pitch lenses that don't have the deep reds like oo Red Iridium, but do have the reds and oranges I've seen on positive red (just not as "deep" if you know what I mean). They are a bit lighter...BUT here's the catch! These 3 Prizm Pitch lenses are neutral, there is no pinkish or contrast views when looking thru them....just your normal greys.

Does anyone know which of the Oakley Prizm lenses is advertised with Neutral tint? That would help me a great deal, thanks!

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the actual pair of glasses...... I can take other pics if need be, but I think you guys know what a neutral tint looks like, correct?

Thanks for looking guys, appreciate the assist.

P.S. Oakley rep told me this "has to be Oakley Daily Prizm polarized because its the only Prizm lens with a neutral tint", problem is I've seen the Daily Prizm Polarized....this isn't it ( right guys?). The daily polarized looks more like a TR or oo Black type lens IMO.

Thanks

Matte White Prizm - unknown lens.JPG

It also doesn't distort your view when viewing a computer monitor or lcd screen, something we're use to with regular Oakley Polarized lenses. The Oakley rep said the prizm daily polarized was engineered to eliminate the problem, so maybe I'm wrong here. Thx

Here's a picture of the actual pair of glasses...... I can take other pics if need be, but I think you guys know what a neutral tint looks like, correct?

Thanks for looking guys, appreciate the assist.

P.S. Oakley rep told me this "has to be Oakley Daily Prizm polarized because its the only Prizm lens with a neutral tint", problem is I've seen the Daily Prizm Polarized....this isn't it ( right guys?). The daily polarized looks more like a TR or oo Black type lens IMO.

Thanks

View attachment 154448
Honestly, it looks too orange to be baseball infield as I originally thought, though it's hard to tell from the online renderings. I actually looks most like Prizm Trail, which is the orangest of the Prizm lenses. I'd guess it one of those two lenses.

Back