• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
On a separate note, I still find it odd that they are still the only style sold separately while many other frames are marketed for their ability to switch lenses.

Have you tried calling? You can sometimes get a nice person on the phone who can sort stuff out.. Shocktube lenses are donors for lots of frames afaik

I had too much fun doing this...
Here's my XS Prizm Maritime next to some other previously mentioned favorite lens selections taken about an hour before sunset. Love me some contrast!
The group shot, left to right:
Prizm Maritime, Prizm Deep Water, VR28 BIP, OO BIP

20180418_185153.jpg
20180418_185048.jpg
20180418_185708.jpg

First round of golf of the season today....I can tell you from experience...the H20 themed lens of the Maritime Lens came in handy today....

Looking at the Maritime lenses and wondering about their versatility, not just for water. How has your experience been with golf after owning them longer? Daily use?

Trying to decide on Prizm Maritime Polarized vs Prizm Sapphire Polarized which are a little darker and a grey base lens.

Looking at the Maritime lenses and wondering about their versatility, not just for water. How has your experience been with golf after owning them longer? Daily use?

Trying to decide on Prizm Maritime Polarized vs Prizm Sapphire Polarized which are a little darker and a grey base lens.
Both are great lenses. I love Maritime, right up there with Deep Water Prizm as my favorite to look at and through. Maritime is amazing for daily use.

I just washed the car in the bright afternoon sun in them. And I still think they are perfect lens tints. Its kind of like Prizm Daily, rose/violet contrasty but more neutral base in color representation. But the iridium coating keeps it usable in bright sunlight, unlike Prizm Daily which is too light. I think its a perfect all around lens. Even slightly better than my favorite Tungsten Iridium, but Prizm maritime is very limited in comparison to more mainstream lens tints. You can't even buy any Prizm Maritime replacement lenses.

For golf I would think it would work ok. Not sure about the whole contrast for reading greens or seeing where your ball lies though. The golf tints are very pink for this reason.

Latest Posts

Back