• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Radar Lock Compatibility With Regular Radar Path Lenses

So I had this really nice brown lens I think it was a tungsten brown or VR28 can’t remember where I got them but I had them stashed away in a white soft Oakley pouch & I wanted to put them into white path frame, problem was a aggressive hook so I trimmed it back with dremel the nose sat ok not perfect but ok. Wore these for 12 months or so, until I jagged a nice set Pre owned radar locks white frames with black history bands & vented Photochromic lens for 70$ off dreadbay (score right) I know. Anyway I was hesitant awaiting there arrival think how badly scratched they gunba be to my surprise they were mint.
Anyways after not quite being satisfied with vented photos, I thought my VR28 browns would look Awsome, so I pulled them out swapped over & aggressive hook I trimmed back came back to bite me in arse. They no longer fitted the radarlocks perfectly but they did lock in & were stable, nose popped in like they were built for them, well they were untill my diy mod hacked away.
Anyways long story short,
These radarlock VR28 with slightly less aggressive hook in the radarlocks they were originally made for are currently my favorite GO TOO sunnies.
If I could wish for anything that’s the VR28 or brown tungsten could be vented.
As with all this covid BS & having to wear a musk everywhere they fog up a lot.
So yes I can agreed radar paths lens will fit radar locks
Radarlocks lens will be perfectly fit radar paths
Radar path vented will fit radarlocks
But not verse visa.
I’m checking dreadbay regularly for radarlock VR28 vented, but rare asf, anyways.
SHAME tho as these VR28 are crystal clearest brown/amber lens I’ve ever used. Not to mention looks pretty neat in my white radarlocks with black history bands & black socks, black icons.
The amber brown tungsten or VR28 works really well in multi forms lighting
Sunny, overcast, evening
They just work & feel comfortable asf.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Back