• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley T Wires - What does it mean?

Oakley UK

Oakley Enthusiast
England
On Crosshair 1s and Whisker wires what does it mean when there is a T printed on the arm following on from the model name ?
I thought it may be short for titanium or Ti and they don't put the i in but the colourways/frame combination don't seem to match if it does mean titanium frames but of course always hard to tell from a screen and non collectors descriptions but can definitely see a T on the arms.
On the Crosshair has it just a T following the name yet a SKU of 05 -814 which ties up with what they are i.e Pewter frame , Black Iridium.

The “T” doesn’t mean they’re titanium. I have a pair of titanium whiskers and they don’t say titanium on them anywhere. You can tell by the sku number on the frame and/or the weight. They’re a fraction of the weight of a regular whisker.

The “T” doesn’t mean they’re titanium. I have a pair of titanium whiskers and they don’t say titanium on them anywhere. You can tell by the sku number on the frame and/or the weight. They’re a fraction of the weight of a regular whisker.
Thanks for that yep as ever the confusion of old Oakleys continues . Yes your right must look at colour combination and ask the seller for the sku , on the old days where titanium was stamped into the bridge ha !!!!

Thanks for that yep as ever the confusion of old Oakleys continues . Yes your right must look at colour combination and ask the seller for the sku , on the old days where titanium was stamped into the bridge ha !!!!
Yea that was only on select older frames. T wire 2.0, square wire 2.0, c wire and half wire to name a few

Yea that was only on select older frames. T wire 2.0, square wire 2.0, c wire and half wire to name a few
Yes have all those and e wire 1 and 2 now going for the crosshair and whisker to complete , but as usual have given myself a headache in the world of e bay ha. I wonder what that T does stand for !!!!!!

Yes have all those and e wire 1 and 2 now going for the crosshair and whisker to complete , but as usual have given myself a headache in the world of e bay ha. I wonder what that T does stand for !!!!!!
Not sure really but I would like to know as well.

Do you have any titanium why frames yet?
Had me worried for a while there , to my knowledge only the 3s had a titanium frame the rest maybe lenses.
Yes have all the Whys , am lucky at have at least 1 pair of all the models Oakley made up to the end of 2006 except the sub zeros #1n and am working on it . That's why I thought it would be nice to collect the titanium models.

Back