• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Turbine Custom Purchase, Opinions Please

Jon Naxton

Oakley Expert
Hi all

Am thinking of treating myself to a pair of custom Oakley Turbine shades.

Am getting married in a couple of weeks and was looking at getting the date etched on the lens so they would be a nice keepsake (ie a pair i will never sell).

The combo i am looking at getting is the following:

Frame: Grey Smoke or Grey Ink
Icons: Satin Chrome
Lenses: Chrome Iridium Polarized
Ear Socks: Red

Have any of you guys/gals got some pictures of a pair of turbines with the chrome polarized lenses? I've tried searching but apart from trawl through the 'what oakley's are you wearing' thread I've drawn a blank.

Also does anyone know if it's possible to buy the chrome lenses separately? On their website it seems that it's possible to buy every other colour but them, even though they offer the chrome in the custom option.

Any opinion's on the above combo?

I'm torn between the two frame options and change my mind on a daily basis ha ha Not sure if the darker grey smoke would set off the chrome lenses better than the lighter grey ink.

Any thoughts/opinions/pics as always are more than welcome.

Cheers

As for lenses I cant help too much. I have prescription VR28 Black Iridium Polarized and I love them. As for the frame, I have the grey smoke frame and love it! Not sure if this helps you at all. Good luck!!

I have several Turbine frames and many lenses. I think I can put something similar together for you and add a picture this evening to give you an idea.

Not sure if this helps for right now but this is a Chrome Turbine lens that was cut into a PB2.

IMG_0124.JPG

I have Turbines and one of them is a custom pair with the chrome iridium, absolutely love them.
You can search the what Oakleys are you wearing today thread to find pictures of me wearing them and if you want I can take pictures of the pair tonight after work when I get home. Frankly you should just pull the trigger on the custom pair, I doubt you'll regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back