1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. HOU1PTT

HOU1PTT Oakley Beginner

Hello. I bought a used pair of the Oakley Scalpel White Chrome glasses. My question is do ALL of these Scalpels have the serial number on the arm? These do not.. They look real to me, but the lens are NOT polarized & they have no serial number.. Im not sure if these may have been a custom? Do custom's have serial numbers? Thanks for all the info..
    Oakley White Chrome/Ice Iridium Scalpel Serial Number? - IMG_1211.jpg Oakley White Chrome/Ice Iridium Scalpel Serial Number? - IMG_1212.JPG Oakley White Chrome/Ice Iridium Scalpel Serial Number? - IMG_1213.JPG

Oakley White Chrome/Ice Iridium Scalpel Serial Number? - IMG_1214.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. HOU1PTT

HOU1PTT Oakley Beginner

Can anyone help me out with this?? TIA..

3. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I haven't seen those Scalpels in person, but I do know that on some White Chrome and FMJ finishes, Oakley skips the step of putting on the model number. My white chrome radars have it, but white chrome Topcoats do not. Customs will not have the serial. I do think those glasses are authentic, though it's difficult to be sure about the provenance of the lenses.

4. HOU1PTT

HOU1PTT Oakley Beginner

Hey I really appreciate the reply.. Im about 99% sure the glasses are real.. The lens are Oakley, but they are not the polarized lens that usually come with this setup.. They were probably a custom build.. I imagine it would be very hard to fake the white chrome frame.. Thanks again!