• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley XX Metal (original Owner)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

XX Metals

I am selling a pair of Oakley XX Metals. These are one owner sunglasses I bought new back between 2005-2007 if I remember right. I'm including a photo below of me wearing them back in 2008. Wore them a number of years. I had scratched the lenses pretty bad on a drop so I wore them less. The bridge got loose and then I lost a rubber nose pad and started wearing my other pairs instead. They made their way to the bedside table for awhile. I had called Oakley about replacing the lenses and rubbers, but they no longer offered that service for these glasses.

Earlier this year, I came across this forum and found some ideas about getting them back into shape. It just hadn't crossed my mind to find aftermarket lens or rubbers, much less there was someone who would refinish and tighten the bridge (X Man Customs). I ordered the lenses and rubbers from Linegear.com. The navy lenses were out of stock, but I'm grateful they were now as I think the Saxe Blue matches the rubbers much better.

Saxe Blue Lens
http://linegear.ocnk.net/product/106

Blue Rubber Set
http://linegear.ocnk.net/product/253

So the bridge has been tightened, a couple of screws were replaced while they were in his care, and they were refinished as well. I've had these sunglasses back in restored form since May 15th of this year. The lenses have a couple of minuscule nicks, nothing that obstructs vision but I feel it best to disclose that sort of information in matters like this as well. I tried to take a pic to show it, but they won’t show up on camera, that’s how light they are. Bridge is tight as they were the day I bought them. The arms are a bit loose, nothing out of the ordinary, but I always compare it to when I got them. They were so tight then they would scratch my scalp when I put them on if I wasn't careful. Since the frames are refinished, they are flawless. I do not have the box or original bag/case any more.

I've enjoyed wearing them again, like taking a trip down memory lane. Despite that, I feel I want to purchase another pair of Oakley’s. As odd as this sounds, I kind of want them to go to a good home, hence why I’m trying to sell them here first. There’s a level of enthusiasm about these models here, and I feel someone would appreciate them as much as I did having them. Maybe that’s a bit corny, but it makes sense to me.

I’m asking $315, not looking to trade. They don’t have the factory lenses or rubbers, but I already had the refinishing and tightening process done as well as replacing the lenses/rubbers, so that’ll save you about $200. I’m more than happy to answer any questions or take additional photos if necessary. Be sure and post in the thread and pm per forum rules. Trying to play by the book here. Thanks for your interest.

wwnmMNu.jpg

6ITeqqo.jpg

rhDpP12.jpg

KPpnLg8.jpg

HMd1NrV.jpg

M57UBSZ.jpg

i1kRw0M.jpg

NEBZG00.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
pm sent

pm sent

Pm sent

Love xx's

Username Hidden said:
Love xx's

LOVE is not a big enough word for the, XX :cool-20:

Pm sent

Pending sale with dragonvoi. Sorry guys, I'll keep you posted if something falls through. This is the only pair I have for those that asked.

Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.