• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley XX Metal (original Owner)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Some people reacted to this post.
That only took 3 minutes from posting to a PM...this only happens when something is priced way below what it is worth, the poor seller didn't realize. When something is priced reasonably/properly it is ignored. The vultures are always watching ready to strike.

Username Hidden said:
That only took 3 minutes from posting to a PM...this only happens when something is priced way below what it is worth, the poor seller didn't realize. When something is priced reasonably/properly it is ignored. The vultures are always watching ready to strike.

I dont agree with this. I feel this was priced to move, not WAY below what its worth. You have to figure this was pretty much just for a nice tight frame, aftermarket lenses and rubber have no value to us collectors.

Only overpriced/eBay type pricing is ignored.

100% I agree with Cargo- the seller is knowledgeable as evidenced by his other posts and the frame is re-finished and tuned by the Xman and fitted with aftermarket lenses and rubbers.
So what we have here is a frame that will need new lenses and rubbers. $315 + $60 + $15= $390 all in which is about what a loose XX is worth.
Priced to sell and sold fast- exactly what the seller wanted.

Username Hidden said:
100% I agree with Cargo- the seller is knowledgeable as evidenced by his other posts and the frame is re-finished and tuned by the Xman and fitted with aftermarket lenses and rubbers.
So what we have here is a frame that will need new lenses and rubbers. $315 + $60 + $15= $390 all in which is about what a loose XX is worth.

Absolutely right CG , also once the frames are refinished they have no real value to a collector.

I'll never understand the collector mindset. With corvettes collectors obsess over if the bolts are original, if the this and that matches, if it's been repainted it's less valuable, it it's had power steering or disc brakes installed it's less valuable, even though those mods make it a nicer more driveable car. To me, I would want the disc brakes, power steering and new paint. With x-metals, a finish and tune from the x-man would make it MORE valuable, it's better than when it started.

Original is always better that refinish IMO cause it has never been touched or en tangled with. ITS A SENSE like okay i have an original piece that is untouched. In regards to the value of the XX an easy 320 to 350 max here and i know a lot will get this at this price range it is an XX not a juliet so price wise i think is reasonable its a good daily pair and not something that you would keep in your closet just to stare at them.

Username Hidden said:
I dont agree with this. I feel this was priced to move, not WAY below what its worth. You have to figure this was pretty much just for a nice tight frame, aftermarket lenses and rubber have no value to us collectors.

Only overpriced/eBay type pricing is ignored.

Couldn't agree more!
Username Hidden said:
Precisely how I saw this for sale thread. Not all that underpriced when you factor these things in. In fact right on target IMHO. I mean sure not ebay pricing but who wants to pay those prices anyhow?!?!

thats a fair price, sold a lot before here the same condition at that price.

Username Hidden said:
I'll never understand the collector mindset. With corvettes collectors obsess over if the bolts are original, if the this and that matches, if it's been repainted it's less valuable, it it's had power steering or disc brakes installed it's less valuable, even though those mods make it a nicer more driveable car. To me, I would want the disc brakes, power steering and new paint. With x-metals, a finish and tune from the x-man would make it MORE valuable, it's better than when it started.
You're in my wheelhouse now...
Once you molest an original piece you make it more valuable to a smaller subset of the market and less desirable to the majority. It's really that simple and it doesn't matter whether we are talking cars, glasses or any collectible.
I have an insane amount in the SOS- built motor in my NSX and have heavily modified the rest of it to my vision. But the reality is that it's worth less and would take me longer to sell than an unmodified one but I built it for me understanding this. I track it when the opportunity presents itself where most NSX owners fear to do so and have no plans to ever sell it. I hope to enjoy it until I die and then my sons can fight over it.
Collectible items are always more valuable than modified ones because typically you don't know the quality of the modification and that's the push. Whenever you take a collectible item- and these glasses are that- and modify them you lessen the value of it to the masses. To me who would buy, hold and use these I see the value in an XMan tune and refinish and no value in the aftermarket lenses and rubbers. So my math is still valid and the price these were offered at was spot-on.
No offense meant but you still have your desert Cerakoted Romeo for this reason. That was your unique vision and you are waiting for someone to come along who shares that vision and sees the value in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.