• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakleys I'd love to Own/Copy (cacatman)

Electrolytic I meant to spell.
Relating to electrolysis.
Passing current thru an electrolyte solution producing chemical changes.

I realized what I’m referring to is actually just a water dip thru a film on the surface. Haven’t really read about it but don’t think it involves electricity considering it’s done on o-matter frames.

Lol duh

Electrolytic I meant to spell.
Relating to electrolysis.
Passing current thru an electrolyte solution producing chemical changes.

I realized what I’m referring to is actually just a water dip thru a film on the surface. Haven’t really read about it but don’t think it involves electricity considering it’s done on o-matter frames.

Lol duh

Than the answer is yes. Matte finish is possible om hydrodips

I’m definitely gonna look into it.

Iv seen a frog colorway called rain or dark rain/midnight rain. Something like that. I’d like to do something along those lines with that textured look. In between camo and splatter with earthy tones.

Added
@SoulFulFrog's X-metal Racing jackets!!! Oh wow!!
View attachment 469926

@cacatman @SouLFuLFroG
Is it kosher to ask how much these customs cost? Ballpark numbers, rough figures.
I’m aware enough to know that exact numbers are discussed privately so if I’m out of line asking about this i understand and get it. I linked the racing jackets but my question is referring to customs in general tho I would certainly love to have my hands on a pair.

So many beautiful creations here I just wish there were more to day dream about. I’m truly mesmerized.

Last edited:
@cacatman @SouLFuLFroG
Is it kosher to ask how much these customs cost? Ballpark numbers, rough figures.
I’m aware enough to know that exact numbers are discussed privately so if I’m out of line asking about this i understand and get it. I linked the racing jackets but my question is referring to customs in general tho I would certainly love to have my hands on a pair.

So many beautiful creations here I just wish there were more to day dream about. I’m truly mesmerized.
It completely depends on what your asking to have done, your donor frame and timeline. Projects range depending on those things anywhere from 60US to 200US. Most expensive projects from me are typically xmetal stuff. Polsihed and anodized and the ever popular pitboss customs. Polished and anodized plates with a custom painted omatter frame. Completely depends on those aspects. I also from time to time choose to discount friends or work out potential trades..

It completely depends on what your asking to have done, your donor frame and timeline. Projects range depending on those things anywhere from 60US to 200US. Most expensive projects from me are typically xmetal stuff. Polsihed and anodized and the ever popular pitboss customs. Polished and anodized plates with a custom painted omatter frame. Completely depends on those aspects. I also from time to time choose to discount friends or work out potential trades..
Thanks soul.
I was way off! That’s very reasonable I commend you for that.
I honestly had a guess of $350 as an average figure. The pieces are that beautiful.
Keep it up man.

Custom from @Larry-Espino. This thing is insane.

I wish i could find my old silver and blue flame straight jackets (i think they were that model) from the early 2000's.

Back